IND/Hagerty - ** Court Papers Issued MBNA card ** / ** WON WITH COSTS **

PGH7447
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4043 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

well three weeks on and no Cheque, so wrote to them and said 7 days or else expect a debt collector to call - :evil:

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

• 3 weeks later...

Cheque recieved today - :-) - they said that they had not been informed by their outsource partner that costs had been awarded - seems that robinson and ind dont even talk to each other, , maybe robinson will soon see that IND aint that clever after all, and ditch them.

anyway all done and dusted with this lot now and so glad that I managed to make a small dent in their profits

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Excellent news :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

No I stopped that action, it was just confusing the issue with robinson and idiots ltd, in the end I recieved PPI fro cap1 for another issue which far in away exceeded my expectations. so in the end I only repaid what they had already given me :-)

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

• 3 months later...
may i ask

did you ever find out this connection with IND who were doing the litigation and calling the shots - No the judge was not interested, but it seems they are hired by other dca's to bring on the strong arm stuff, which in several cases on here seem to sail close to the legal edge, if you get my drift

what happened to hegarty solicitors in all of this - Pass I got a letter on the day or just a couple of days before the case saying they had been replaced, which seems to be another trick up idiots ltd sleeve

see in line, hope this helps

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

• 4 months later...

I don't believe it, Got a letter today from Idiots Incorporated at IND stating that I still owe £***.** to some jokers called the Hoist Group, but not to worry because the idiots at IND are still managing my account.

Well I suggest Idiots limited that you check with the courts and you will notice YOU LOST - FOOLS

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

I don't believe it, Got a letter today from Idiots Incorporated at IND stating that I still owe £***.** to some jokers called the Hoist Group, but not to worry because the idiots at IND are still managing my account.

Well I suggest Idiots limited that you check with the courts and you will notice YOU LOST - FOOLS

Ooh, are you going to write a stern letter to them. You want your data removed from their files as they no longer have the right to process your data :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Already sent them a strongly worded email, on their new website, told them they have 14 days to confirm that all my info has been removed from their systems

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Already sent them a strongly worded email, on their new website, told them they have 14 days to confirm that all my info has been removed from their systems

Well done :)

BCOBS

Speaking to a legal friend of mine recently, he reckons they is a specific legislation that makes it a criminal offence to pursue a debt that does not exist (note this does not mean unenforceable, disputed, etc, etc but a debt that categorically and factually does not exist).

Your case has been settled, you paid a f+f settlement which was in fact a full settlement. The interest part of the dispute does not exist and has never existed as it would only have been "created" if the judge has ruled it applicable.

I would suggest you get a bit stronger in your response to them.

Any details of the specific legislation??

Nope, but I can find out unless one of the caggers know which one it is.

I didn't chase up this angle myself as I expect there would be a burden of proof that the debt "does not exist full stop", although I suspect PGH will be in a better position.

I WOULD THINK SECTION 40 OF THE ADMINISTRATION OF JUSTICE ACT WOULD BE APPLICABLE

Miscellaneous Provisions

40 Punishment for unlawful harassment of debtors.

(1)A person commits an offence if, with the object of coercing another person to pay money claimed from the other as a debt due under a contract, he—

(a)harasses the other with demands for payment which, in respect of their frequency or the manner or occasion of making any such demand, or of any threat or publicity by which any demand is accompanied, are calculated to subject him or members of his family or household to alarm, distress or humiliation;

(b)falsely represents, in relation to the money claimed, that criminal proceedings lie for failure to pay it;

©falsely represents himself to be authorised in some official capacity to claim or enforce payment; or

(d)utters a document falsely represented by him to have some official character or purporting to have some official character which he knows it has not.

(2)A person may be guilty of an offence by virtue of subsection (1)(a) above if he concerts with others in the taking of such action as is described in that paragraph, notwithstanding that his own course of conduct does not by itself amount to harassment.

(3)Subsection (1)(a) above does not apply to anything done by a person which is reasonable (and otherwise permissible in law) for the purpose—

(a)of securing the discharge of an obligation due, or believed by him to be due, to himself or to persons for whom he acts, or protecting himself or them from future loss; or

(b)of the enforcement of any liability by legal process.

[F1(3A)Subsection (1) above does not apply to anything done by a person to another in circumstances where what is done is a commercial practice within the meaning of the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 and the other is a consumer in relation to that practice.]

F1(4)A person guilty of an offence under this section shall be liable on summary conviction to a fine of not more than £100, and on a second or subsequent conviction to a fine of not more than £400.

I have left out CPUTR 2008 as this is not a commercial debt, that ended with the court judgement. That ended with the court judgement that was handed down and case dismissed.

Their is no credit agreement in relation to this debt anymore as any agreement on judgement became subject of the court

Res judicata

That is just my educated opinion but i am sure the OFT will confirm if you send an email

Edited by squaddie

I don't think it's any of these, the specific law he said dealt with the act of claiming the debt exists rather than the conduct of pursuing that claim.

Anyway email sent off to him, I'll see what he brings back.

Hi all, hes got back to me, sorry it is section 40 of AJA 1970 he was referring to. Anyway I'll post up his interpretation of how it can be used.

"

Hi

The provision I was thinking about is section 40 of the Administrationof Justice Act 1970.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Administration_of_Justice_Act_1970

I would argue that claiming money not owed under a contract harasses the other by virtue of the occasion of making such demand and will inevitably be calculated to subject the other to alarm, distress or humiliation contrary to section 40(1)(a) of the AJA 1970. There may be defences to this i.e. if the debt doesn’t exist it can’t be said to be due under a contract but then is making the claim an attempt to obtain money by false pretences.

IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER – I am not a qualified lawyer. This email does notconstitute legal advice.

All the best"