my friend

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4610 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hey there

my friend has recently been paid off for not meeting business requirements, she was contracted to work from 3 - 7 Monday to Friday, from what ive herd they have been trying to get her to work a hour longer and at the weekend, and she also is 13 weeks pregnant

any help would be great

i am not sure if they have anyone in her place, i am not sure how long she has worked there as it was through an agency, and i think she had to work 13 weeks probation period, but im not sure as i don't know the ins and out of it, yes i am sure she told them she was pregnant, but i don't know when she told them, i have been trying to look into what this paid off for not meeting business requirments is, but no luck so far, but ive got a feeling its an excuse, but they have been hassling her about her job, even though her contract was 3 till 7 monday to firday

well i found out a bit more tonight

she started in September, 2 week's later she told them she was pregnant, and she says it went down hill since then, she had a meeting on Monday to discuss her job, and her hours, and she even has a rotter for her work from sep to Dec with her working 3 till 7, she said that they wait till the Thursday or Friday to ask her to work weekends, they she should work till 8 even though she's pregnant (and she also said that she didn't get enough to eat so it was stressing her out more), they didn't take that into consideration, she didn't get extra breaks, or even had a risk assessment done, so today she's got a letter saying they have terminated her contract as she wasn't committed to flexible working hours, she has phoned equal oppertunites and they she has a case for discrimination, and it wasn't through an agency her friend got her the job

She may want to get a solicitor on to this if there is a discrimination matter. She may have access to one through a clause in a Home Contents Insurance Policy. She should write everything down asap so he memory is fresh should she have to give evidence.