natwest cc ppi on loan and overdraft

lochnettie80
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4601 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all we have finally got our head out of the sand :-(

my partner was made redunant in may of this year , we asked to claim on ppi for loan only to find out that we couldnt claim as i worked and he didnt claim jsa

he currently owes

loan £9000 ish

credit card 650 ish (not used since 2007)

over draft £1000 but its now £1500 with their daily fee of £6

i dont know where to start to sort alll this out i work part time and we dont get a fortune to even pay all this

any help would be very helpful:-)

to be honest i dont know if there was ppi on credit card to start with he has not been able to use it since 2008 and the limit was £500 its now at £657 he paid something every month up till the end of june 2011, at the moment he is being charged only interest on the card nothing else

Hi

As Gez asked....do you have a copy of the loan agreement or the figures from it?

Also do you have...

1 -> Loan account stataments?

2 -> All of the credit card statements?

As well as reclaiming the PPI on one or both of these you should also look to reclaim any unlawful charges such as late payment fees/over limit fees etc.

ims

hi thanks for reply so quick,

no i dont have all the credit card statements and we can stil see the second loan statements online

i do remember natwest charging him £24 over limit fee at one point but i dont know when

Hi

What I would do is print off the on-line loan account statements. Again, do you have the loan agreement?

With regard to getting information on the card, you should send a Subject Access Request (SAR) to the lender. There is a statutory fee payable of £10, which is best done by postal order and they will have 40 days to comply. Amongst the information that comes back should be copy statements and/or transaction history for the acccount. From these it will be possible to establish whether there was PPI on the account and/or unlawful charges. From that information you can prepare the claims.

There is a template for SAR in the CAG library, the link to which is at the top of every CAG page in green.

ims

Hi

Yes the SAR can get you everything as they are all with the same lender. I can't recall the exact wording of the template but when you amend it for your purposes make sure that you put in a paragraph to the effect that you want ALL information relating to ANY and ALL accounts currently and previously held including copies of any loan agreements.

Regards

ims

Hi

Have you written to the bank at all advising them of your position and asking for some help by way of reduced payments and assistance by way of freezing the interest?

If not I would do so. Give them the complete picture of your circumstances but fall short of sending them and I&E. Just set out in writing the facts and let them know that for the time being you can only make reduced payments and ask them to freeze interest for a period until your situation improves.

See what comes back.

Your claims will attract interest as well so they could help put a big dent in what you owe.

ims

havereceived letters today date 18th october from triton credit services and natwest bank arghhhhhh

the triton letter(for cc) is notice of legal proceedings and the 2 from natwest (for loan and current account)say that they demand that both accounts be paid no later than cose of buisness on the 26th october 2011 (which i may add is todays date) i dont have a cue what to do have to get postal order on friday for sar as i dont get paid until then

worried about the legal proceeding they saying they'll get a ccj against him

is there anything i can do in the meantime to stop the daily fee off £6 being added to current account and the £200 pus a month beinging added to the loan account

Hi Lochnettie

What type of loan is this?

RBS Group regulated loans are interest front loaded, the balance can only go down except in the case of post judgment..... ie; if a ccj has been issued

Gez

Hi Lochnettie

It appears Natwest have removed all future interest at default and are re-applying to principal sum post default [ie presented an early settlement value now]. Its a new one on me, they have historically always defaulted full balance incl front loaded interest. Can you check your last statement to see if that is an accurate assumption.

As ims says, you really need to get that SAR off as soon as you can afford it and start recliaming PPI. If its anything like standard NW loan terms you'll have serviced the loan from current account. When reclaiming PPI you'll be applying for premiums + contractual interest + interest in restititution [borne by overdraft].

Gez