I've been OVERCHARGED FOR GAS for years - old cubic ft meters, how do I claim back

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4606 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

help.. how can I claim thousands of pounds back from British Gas. I changed to nPower 3 years ago.

I have had a meter which is based on cubic ft usage. However, I have been wrongly charged based on cubic m. In 2008 I suspected that something was up when Accuread - their appointed meter readers started a campaign to change my meter, even threatened me with court action. To cut the story short, I managed to keep the meter to investigate at a later date.

I have just come across this issue on this forum. Now, I know why they were so persistent!

I have kept all details such as bills, records of my complaints in around 1990s and their written letters of inspection on a number of occasions.

Can I claim all the moneys back considering that my quick calculations show the amount in question would be around £25000.00!! Based on the history of my complaints - regarding the meter and Accuread, can I go back all the way to 1990s? How should I go about it? Has anyone done it before?

many thx

she!

If you are confident about your records etc. and have the evidence then present this to BG, by email or recorded letter and await their response.

If they do not respond positively then you can always take them to court and let a judge decide.

many thanks for your reply

I shall do as you said. My only concern is that it starts from 1990 and whether it is too late to take action.

sorry for taking liberty but I am now under pressure to let them change my electricity meter. Has anyone had similar problem with their electricity meter?

she!

Meters like anything else only last so long and come to the end of there useful life and have to be reolaced.

Can you not photograph it with the readings etc. with date camera.

As for the date limitation thing, it may be 6 years, however I think there is a limit on claims from energy companies for charges at 2 years.