advice needed on hp car finance please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4607 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all,new to this site,only found it by accident and thought these people maybe be able to help.

bought a car 6 months ago(vauxhall meriva).1st day we got it eps light kept coming on and the steering would fail.took it back to garage next day and they said they would fix it.got car back after a week and everything great for about 4 or 5 weeks.then it started to do it again not as bad but intermitently(fixed with a second hand part according to the aa) also car seems to be burning oil quite bad as the light seems to come on and am topping up every 3 or 4 days (no leaks).phoned garage to complain and they told me that i needed to contact finance company or my own warranty that i took out extra to get it fixed.did that but they don't want to know.finance companies reply was it's not the dealer's fault or ours and it was through wear and tear of a second hand car,finance company said the only thing they can do to help is give us an interest free loan of £1000 to do the repairs (which i thought was a joke to be honest).been quoted £1200 to fix engine fault and power steering fault plus another £400 to fix other things wrong with car like brakes and exhaust and wot not.

it's quite scary to drive sometimes as you don't know when the thing is gonna stop working.my partner won't drive it or take the kids out in it anymore and i dread for my life every morning i go to work.so thought no one helping we'll trade it in .paid £3500 6 months ago and was told trade in price is only worth £1200 and i've been quoted £1600 to do repairs on the car so in my eyes the car's a write off but finance company said no,to much finance left on it so we can't do anything.so all in all paying £5000 interest included plus the £1000 loan they were gonna give me to fix the thing that would be £6000 for a car that's trade in value is only worth £1200

what can i do people as i feel as though i'm paying all this money for a piece of crap.

tooo late to reject but you could take them to court for repairs, garage and finance company, under SOGA.

suggest you write to garage and FC and ask them to repair under SOGA, as faults were there when you bought it and give them 714 days to respond or you will get car repaired and take them to court for the costs.

at and give them 714 days to respond or you will get car repaired and take them to court for the costs.

I think giving them 714 days to respond is a little too generous raydetinu.:) Maybe you would agree 14 days should be enough? :lol: