Ruthbridge limited

6hammer8
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3984 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Helpi have received a letter from ruthbridge limited at my work address asking me to contact them within 10 days so that they can give me more information.they have not stated that i owe money but they have stated they are contacting me on behalf of a client.after having read several articles on the web regarding this company i do not really want to speak to them directly but i do not know what this matter relates to.i have a plan with a debt management company that has been in force for the past 2 years and i do not remember taking any other credit out in the past 6 years.what is my best course of action.thanks

Toothless Ruthbridge, I bet they have been searching your CRF and have seen you are paying others and want a piece of the action too! Clowns, as PGH says, either forward it on or IMO ignore them, they will need to come up with a better begging letter than that tripe!

Still misleading recipients with their dubious correspondence, and after all the hard work the OFT and CSA/DBSG have put in...!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Ignore Ruthbridge until they give

full details of the debt that they

are alleging you owe.

This company is well known

for chasing debts that no other

company will touch, statute barred

or unenforceable agreement,

the usual tack is a letter from Jason Evans

or Julia Evans these two in the past

have it seems held all the senior

management posts in the company.

That said have you any idea what

they are chasing.

BRIGADIER2JCS

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, i was wondering if anyone could help.Ive had aletter from Ruthbridge,addressed to myself and asking me to contact them over a personal matter.After looking on here i discovered that Ruthbridge are in fact a DCA and are tricky customers.I had debts going back about 5 and a half years for credit cards which i did not pay due to family bereavement and falling into a spiral; of depression.I moved house numerous times over the 5 and a half years and foolishly never paid off any of my debts.I havent heard anything going back around 5 and a half years.Eill i be able to drag this out until statute barred and what are the implications if i cant hold out until then.I owe around 8000.

Thank you

Were you in trouble in 2006 when you registered? Just wondering why you have waited so long for advice?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 3 months later...

Can anyone give me some advice.I recieved a letter from ruthbridge today asking if i could contact them immediately.I didnt have a clue who they were and there was nothing on the letter saying what it was about so i rang them thinking it may be something important.I gave them the reference n.o and asked what it was about to which they replied that they had some correspondance for me but they had 2 different addresses,one that i hadnt lived at for about 12 yrs and the address i live at now.This made me a bit suspicious so i told them unless they could tell me more of what it was about i wasnt going to tell them what address i was at to which they replied they couldnt tell me anymore and then started asking my d.o.b and other details.In the end i told them i wasnt telling them anything goodbye and hung up.It was then that i looked them up on the internet and found out they were a debt collection agency with a very bad reputation.The thing is the last time i had any debts was around 12yrs ago which due to personal circumstances i had never repaid and because it has been so long now i had forgotten all about them untill now.Can anyone tell me if i am still liable for debts that i have not heard anything about for at least 10-12yrs.I would have thought that as it was so long ago they would have been wiped.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

My partner received a letter from Ruthbridge Limited on Friday of last week, it asked him to contact them regarding a personal matter. Now we have searched the internet we have decided to ignore it for now and see what happens.

My partner did have a loan through a bank many years ago that he didn't pay for one reason or another but he said that would be well over 6 years ago and has never heard of this Ruthbridge company before. Do you think they may be chasing this old debt?

Any advice greatly appreciated :???:

There's another thread about Ruthbridge chasing Stat Barred debts

They must have bought a case of lemons as I've had three letters in six weeks for a debt that went SB late 2010 due to the total lack of paper work

R

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] I asked them to wait whilst I got my Bank card :violin:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, i've just had one of these letters, and on your advise to others i'm going to ignore it until i get a more in-depth explaination of what they are up to, these guys deffo sound dodgy as hell, but just a question, is there a way to find out what has been SB'd on your record? I've just signed up with Experian, but they wont let me log in for 5 days until i receive a pin in the post :(

Once you have been able to view your CRF, cancel it ASAP.

If there is nothing relating to this alleged debt on your file then it will be safe to say it will be SB, unless it is a recent debt (within six months of defaulting)

https://www.noddle.co.uk/ this is a FREE crf check.

• 3 weeks later...

Just had a letter from these guys that was diverted from my old address, had a house repossesed from kensington mortgages about 8 months ago and this is the first contact ive had about it....I had to lol when the women wanted to know if I could pay the 30 grad shortfall in full!! normally i ignore debt collector letters coz they cant or wont do anything court wise coz they dont make money...im thinking for 30k it mite be worth it for them to go to court? either way told em the account is in dispute so they cant contact me....this should be fun!!

• 1 month later...

Hello all,

I have received 2 letters from this company.

The first was trying to get me to call them regarding a personal matter.

The second states:

Dear XXXXXXXX

We note that you have failed to respond to mail directed to you.

YOU HAVE BEEN TRACED AS LIVING AT THE ADDRESS STATED ABOVE. PLEASE CONTACT OUR RECOVERY DIVISION IMMEDIATELY ON 0208 734 3599.

If you have not established contact with this department within the next 5 days, an agent may telephone between the hours of:

Monday - Thursday 08:00am-08:00pm, Friday 08:00am-5:30pm and Saturday 09:00am to 01:00pm.

Yours sincerely

Yvonne Richards.

From what I have read so far best action is to ignore them. Any debts that I might have are well over 6 years old and I know that my credit rating has improved since then.

I can't for the life of me even think what debt they could possibly be chasing.

From what I have been led to understand they have to some how provide proof of acknowledgement of an outstanding debt? Letters are easy to ignore but what if they do call? What should I say that puts the burden on them?

Many thanks for your continued awesome advice.

YOU HAVE BEEN TRACED AS LIVING AT THE ADDRESS STATED ABOVE
How clever of them to discover that someone with your name is living at your address :roll:

It's a fishing trip, Don't phone them.

If they phone you don't answer their security questions you just tell them "in writing only"

keep a log of calls, could be useful later.

Illegitimi non carborundum

I take it that security questions would be places I have lived etc? or other personal identifiable info?

And when I say in writing only, what exactly am I replying to? such as "our client says that I owe them money" or something like that? I guess what I am looking for is a kind of what to expect them to say or ask etc.

I take it that security questions would be places I have lived etc? or other personal identifiable info?

And when I say in writing only, what exactly am I replying to? such as "our client says that I owe them money" or something like that? I guess what I am looking for is a kind of what to expect them to say or ask etc.

Security questions are: Name, Address and Birth date, all very secure as no one else could possibly know the answers to these other than you. :roll: