Rule 22 note - quick question

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4611 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Hopefully there will be some night owls still logged on who could answer this for me...

I have a continued Options Hearing next Wednesday (26/10/11) in an Ordinary Cause action. The exact wording of Rule 22 of the Ordinary Cause Rules is as follows:

(2) Where the Options Hearing is continued under rule 9.12(5) and a preliminary plea is added by adjustment, a party intending to insist on that plea shall, not later than 3 days before the date of the Options Hearing so continued-

(a) lodge in process a note of the basis for the plea; and

(b) intimate a copy of it to every other party

I'm confused as to when is the latest that I can provide the other side with a copy of my rule 22 note. To my way of thinking, 3 (working) days before Wednesday 26th would be Friday 21st. Therefore as long as I lodge the rule 22 at the court on Thursday 20th and post a copy by Special Delivery to arrive at the other side on Friday 21st, I will have complied with the above :!:

I'm just concerned that in practise you are expected to provide the other side with the rule 22 note in sufficient time to allow 3 full working days prior to the hearing, i.e. not counting the day that it arrives.

Can anyone clarify this for me?

Cheers,

David

I don't think its working days Davie but to be on the safe side I too would file on the Friday.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi Andy,

I'm pretty sure that it will be 3 "working" days, I just don't know whether I need to post it today to arrive Thursday 20th therefore allowing 3 COMPLETE working days i.e. 21st, 24th & 25th prior to the hearing on the 26th, or if I can post it tomorrow to arrive on the 21st, and still count the 21st as one of the 3 days.

Cheers,

David