AP Markers with MBNA card

gettingsorted
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4596 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have been in a payment arrangement with a card issuer since at least 2007 making quite substantial payments .

When I get the statement each month it shows around £200 arrears but this does not increase

and they do not charge interest on the card there is about 25% of the original debt remaining on the card.

I have never missed a payment and suffer the two or three phone calls each month to check " I am paying it this month"

as well as the phone call on the day its due asking where it is - I use the faster payments facility and its usually there by about 2pm but they ring at about 8.30am.

Due to various reasons I rang them a couple of weeks ago to ask if I could reduce the payments by half and the first person I spoke to did not seem to see a problem

but they rang through to some other department and they refused outright,

apparently if I reduced the payment they would immediately default me.

They did not ask for an I & E or anything just said no - apparently they would not have agreed to such an arrangement as I am now on.

This card does not show up on credit record and I am still dealing with the card company - not even "the legal department".

I honestly cannot recall if they ever defaulted me, must check the file.

The card was issued prior to 2000 and I read somewhere that a pre XXXX card could not be shown on a credit record as a default

for some reason so was wondering if I could use this as a reason to try to reduce the payments.

start paying the lesser amount and then challenge them if they default me I have no intention of deliberatly defaulting on the debt

I have struggled to pay these people for the last nearly five years (if not longer) and I hope to continue to do so.

My last default was in 2007 so don't really want another one now.

As my screen name says I am getting sorted and despite a couple of years of playing ostrich I have been doing so.

Perhaps someone could point me to the proper info about the above and any other advice would be appreciated.

Thank you

something fishy here

they cant threaten a default if the debt is not showing on

your CRA file.

have you ever SAR'ed them.

would be an idea to find out what is going on here

and name them please.

you say the bal never goes up , but stays at £200?

but they are not adding int?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for your answer its MBNA; The balance goes down by the amount I pay each month; its the arrears figure - you know the bit that says minimum payment is XXX which includes arrears of £200 that never changes. No interest is charged; I SAR'd them last year can't remember what I got - will check tonight; not a lot I don't think.

GS

Hi, if you have been making substantial payments since 2007, are you sure they're not adding interest?

Personally if you are sure this debt is not registered on any of the CRA's I wouldn't worry about the threat of another default.

As DX says, more information is needed here, who is the lender?

Have you actually sat and worked out what you have paid over the years?

Do you have unlawful charges or PPI on the account which you could claim back?

Sorry lots of questions but it gives people a better picture to give you advice.

Hello all - I have checked my paperwork and despite letters threatening there is no default notice there. Have checked equifax and nothing showing there - not even an arrangement - and am waiting for a Experian.

I sent off a SAR at the beginning of the week - so will just wait to see what comes. I will pay the full amount this month !

Back to my original question - is there anything in the CCAct that says that if a card was issued prior to (say 2000) then a default or similar cannot be registered on a credit record. I wish I knew where I had read it.

Thank you

GS

i seriously question why you are paying a debt that does not show

on your CRA file at all?

could there have been a period of 6yrs where you made no contact/payment/use.

something smells here

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Goodmorning DX

So do I - I had never checked my credit reports till last year "ostrich time" I got into problems in 2007 and made an arrangement with them almost immediately and since then have paid them religiously each month ! continual contact with them - too much sometimes as I mentioned previously.

Its not just this one - I have another arranagement with another card issuer, only a couple of £100 now but that's not showing either.

This is really strange - by the way have lived in the same house for about 30 years.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

GS

i would have thought debts form 2007 would still show

not quite got my head around some of this 6yrs pay or not it falls off stuff

i dont think thats correct

need to speak with the brig!

dx

and they

i would have thought debts form 2007 would still show

not quite got my head around some of this 6yrs pay or not it falls off stuff

i dont think thats correct

need to speak with the brig!

dx

and they

HiDX,

I was just going to post some info on CRA's

I have been asking questions on the way data is seen by creditors etc.

1st

the 6 years starts on the date of the last delinquent payment, that is usually 1 month after the last payment, this usually occurs when a default has not been satisfied.

A defaulted account stays on the file and is or should be regularly updated by the creditor.

The entry stays for 6 years and is usually removed automatically on the day after or overnight on the expiry of the six year period.

It is wise to note that this event will not dramatically affect your credit rating and it is only then can one start to attempt to rebuild a credit profile,

I have reliable information that some lenders are looking for 6 years of credit probity instead of the usual 3 years.

Again back to the CRAs and searches I now have an answer to the question of the impact of searches.

Table 1 & 2 searches

''Debt collection'' searches are displayed on Table 1 section of the report and will have been carried out by the creditor

or their appointed collections agency to help assess the debtors current financial standing and ability to repay an overdue debt.

THESE SEARCHES ARE VISIBLE TO ANY LENDER PERFORMING A CREDIT APPLICATION ENQUIRY

AND TO ANY OTHER CREDITOR/DEBT COLLECTION AGENCY ATTEMPTING TO TRACE A DEBTOR.

Table 2 searches.

These searches are for additional addresses, (NOW THIS BIT IS SIGNIFICANT I THINK)

when a potential lender does a credit check on you THEY WANT TO SEE 6 YEARS OF CREDIT HISTORY>

these searches are NOT SEEN BY POTENTIAL LENDERS there is no contact made between the CRA and the company seraching the file.

The searches are removed automatically after 2 years.

THEY HAVE NO IMPACT ON THE DATA SUBJECTS CREDIT RATING.

I was going to edit this in my signature but I am not allowed to yet.

BRIGADIER2JCS.

Hello Brig

I think I understand the default section now but do you have any idea why the MBNA debt with arrangement nor the other one is not showing. It even shows my mobile phone account. Defaults - satisifed or not, old loans fully paid off, mortgage and so on. It even shows my payment history on all of them.

Thanks

GS

Some credit cards companies are bit slow putting it to the cra files. . just tell cra about it by email to them.

Iaintw is a registered customer services official/profit Protection staff/supermarket worker and who deals with customers

Buying laptops with advice etc

ISP Moderator and chat room helper for chats

Aviationist and train advice

Credit references and bank helper advice

Loss Protection (civil recovery)

Hello GS,

I can not obviously be certain here

about accounts not being shown, I

have an account that has never been

reported on and was told there was no

point in reporting accounts below a certain

level, some companies don't report at all.

Otherwise maybe the accounts have dropped

off.

You can try to look back at archived reports

sometimes they shop on Equifax.

Other companies just simply don't

subscribe to the CRAs there is of course

no obligation for them to do so.

Brig.

MBNA used exprian credit references agency

Iaintw is a registered customer services official/profit Protection staff/supermarket worker and who deals with customers

Hello - sorry been away from the computer for a few days

but I am even more confused now

I have just checked my OH's and that's is completely different and shows the payment arrangement with another creditor

as well as a payment arrangement for a couple of months we had with our mortgage company some years ago - but mine doesn't show that.

I think that I am now going to sit down over the weekend and compare them.

I have experian and equifax for me;

Waiting for OH's experian atm should I get any others

- I know already that mine do not show the same things on them.

Brig - you will know the recent fight I had - well that's not on one of mine.

If its ok I will post later next week with any questions - this is a whole new ball game for me!

But just one question for now OH has a CCJ which shows in the Court bit and then shows as settled in the Credit section

(I wish as they have a charging order) but I have a CCJ which shows in the court bit and shows in the Credit section as defaulted any ideas as to why this is.

Thanks

GS

get all three cras

equifax

exprian

callcredit

compared each other

write a dispute to exprian and mbna asked them why.

No default letter

(Insert your name and current address)

To: (Insert Company name and address)

Re: Account number ………………

Dear (Company name)

I have viewed my Experian credit report and would like to let you know that my account defaulted on (insert default date) should be marked as satisfied.

The account is recorded in the name of (Insert account name) at the address of (Insert account address).

Please can you investigate my comments and let me know the outcome.

Yours faithfully

(Sign here)