esa tribunal won

poohbear3010
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4620 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi thought i would write and tell you all about my wifes tribunal,we went yesterday they asked her a few questions about weather she was any better than last year she said she didn't think she was,they asked me i said no she was worse due to the fact that she is struggling comming to terms with the sad loss of her dad,asked her about her daily routine what she does ect then told us to wait outside we waited five mins went in and told us that we had won she had been placed in the support group :-D.What happens now as i am unsure they didn't tell us also what does this mean the descriptor satisfied in schedual 3 esa regulation is 10(b) thanks for your help

I am very pleased for your Poohbear,,, we are awaiting the same thing as I have to send in an appeal,, I didnt know that there were dofferent rates for the support and WRAG,, is there much difference??

Basic is same as JSA £67 or something. After 13 weeks (for new claims) or on date of transfer to (for IS/IB) you get either the WRAG or Support top up.

The support group means you don't have to attend any work related activities as you are to ill to work.

It's got nowt to do with work! It's about preparation for a time you might be well enough to apply for jobs. The bill states that people in the WRAG are not well enough to work and are also not to apply for or undertake anything resembling work.

Reading that back it sounds a bit off - not having a go but you know what I intended to mean hopefully! It's a bit early and all that.

Basic is same as JSA £67 or something. After 13 weeks (for new claims) or on date of transfer to (for IS/IB) you get either the WRAG or Support top up.

It's got nowt to do with work! It's about preparation for a time you might be well enough to apply for jobs. The bill states that people in the WRAG are not well enough to work and are also not to apply for or undertake anything resembling work.

Reading that back it sounds a bit off - not having a go but you know what I intended to mean hopefully! It's a bit early and all that.

Well I was just going by what they put in my letter. I have been placed in the support group "because your illness or disability restricts the possibility of working. This means you do not have to take part in any work-related activity," to me that means they are saying I am to ill to work. It also says I will be getting £67.50 for living expenses (thats a joke, you can even buy a weeks food for that), plus £32.35 because I am in the support group. No income will be taken from my ESA. My income related amount is £99.85. However because I am entitled to contribution-based ESA they will pay me £1**.**, which includes a top-up payment so I won't see a reduction in the level of my benefit.

If I had to rely on income related ESA I would get nothing, and would have to rely on State Pension & Pension Credits with my wife, that would be £240.70 (includes disability premium) if I had no income. If that happened I would also lose my NI credits, meaning I wouldn't be entitled to bereavments benefits or similar, There is a chance though I could get carers allowance for looking after my disabled wife, and that would include my NI Contributions.

Not quite sure what this government have got about sick and disabled people of working age that would make them want starve them, yet double the minimum income once over 61.

I can't say anything about the WRAG, but I would have thought if you where not fit enough for work you wouldn't be fit enough for a work related activity, plus the fact they are meaning to stop it after a year meand they thingk you are fit for work, just some small problem is stopping you. A few years ago I volunteered to go an an A4e back to work course, and I got the idea they thought all the diasabled needed to get back to work was a bit of exersize and a talk about "their" lack of confidence or some other fault, and all barriers to work where either the fault of the disabled or imagined. Also there where no disabled parking facilities at the centre (because if was only a about half a mile from the bus route!); Unbeleivable. Wonder who'll be running the work related activities.

Edited by count orlok