funding HSBCs champagne fund

crumble
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6464 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I realised I better start adressing my questions here rather that in the welcome thread.

Please read my questions in this thread http://http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-our-forum/17466-funding-hsbcs-champagne-fund.html

I asked how I would go about claiming total monthly charges and was advised in that thread that i would need to break down the charges to work out what was claimable.

My problem (and the same for others it seems) is that I have no idea how these charges are broken down and have just assumed that HSBC had the right to charge me £125 a month for going overdrawn even though I had complained many times that the charges were crippling me and affecting me saving and my credit rating.

Since I have been made aware of this site and being able to claim back these charges I have phoned up HSBC to ask for a breakdown of how these charges were levied. the lady on the phone did nicely send me my 6 years bank statements for free but wasnt able to explain how these charges were broken down. Only that they charge £25 for each unagreed overdraft and the other charges for direct debits per month up to a total of £125.

Am I to assume my charges of £125 come from 5 x £25 (5 x unagreed overdraft use) and only claim back anything above £12 for each charge or do i claim back the full charge. If I try to break it down and its wrong do i risk HSBC contesting and saying they could only charge me a maximum of 5 times but really i went overdrawn 12 times for example so they dont owe me any money at all?

Hope that makes sense, its keeping me awake at night but i need to be sure what i'm doing before i make the claim.

Thanks

You can claim these £125 charges back, HSBC don't break them down for you, so you just write 'total charges' in the spreadsheets. No, they are not the total amount of charges you had that month, they are in addition to any other charges you incurred.

I has charges on my statements, in one specific month, that included 4 x £30 charges for returned direct debits, 3 x £10 charges for 'card misuse' and total charges for £125. (it was i admit, a bad month:razz: ) but i rightfully claimed for all this back, and got it.

Simply add up anything that the bank has charged for and get it back:)

Hi Crumble

If you go to the following link it tells you exactly what you can and cannot claim for on your statements.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/15518-charges-description-statements-please.html

Yes you can claim for charges that are below £12, as regard breaking it down, all most people and I did is used the spreadsheet template in the library and copied from statement ie,

22.09.06 Total charges £125

22.09.06 Returned DD £30

etc

You do not need to go into any more detail than above.

Do not include the 8% interest, this can only be claimed at the MCOL stage.

Hope this helps, have fun and good luck.

Caroline:)

Brilliant, thanks.

Good stuff. i'm even keener to get cracking now. I'm another who has lost my weekends due to worry about money so I will be on here after I finish work at 10pm tonight to get calculating and reclaim me weekends!