Fraudulent transactions hsbc

melmumof3
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4608 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

im posting on behalf of my sister in law.

She had a transaction go through for £700 approx to western union.

She didnt make this transaction it was made online according to hsbc records etc.

Her card was cancelled etc, and investigations took place,

in the mean time another £500 went to a airline company for a flight from bulgaria to poland i believe, again she honestly did not make this transaction,

its unbelievable once but twice just a joke.

So she was left with no money, this was taken straight from her xmas savings of child benefit and tax credits.

HSBC did little to help, showing her the phone in their establishment to call a foreign call centre, she has had nothing but stress with 3 kids under 5 having to try sort this out on her own.

She has even contacted to police, who gave her an incident number, she gave this to HSBC and they finally credited her account a few wks ago pending further investigations.

She in the meantime emptied account and set up another account elsewhere,

now hsbc have taken the funds back again refusing to accept this isnt her doing, she now has threats of baliffs!!!....

We dont know what to do, they are saying 'secure login' was used when making these fraudulent purchases meaning she had to have told someone her email address etc,

and think maybe someone had changed passwords but i dont know if this is possible???..

.it was a brand new card, and the only thing we can think is she had used it to pay over the phone to Cosatto (a baby furniture company) she had previously been emailing them,

they required her to ring for a part, they took her card details over phone etc, had her address to send to etc, we dont know what to do now,

it isnt fair she has this bill now to pay which isnt her purchases, would anyone advise seeing a solicitor,

she has been told to contact the financial ombudsmen and thats it :(

she has done the correct thing - and nothing wrong

did she ever use the internet banking site herself before it was hacked?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

no she never used it online even, it was a brand new card she hadnt made many transactions with it, but specifically remembers the one over the phone, that isnt hard i expect phoning details over phone, you are hoping they dont write down your number amd keep for their own use but again back to having no proof :/

i'm wondering someone actually created an hsbc log-in to her bank account and did it that way by internet transfer.

if she has never used the internet banking portal for her bank A/C i bet this is the way it was done.

this is how the 419 scams work.

i would ring HSBC and ask if her internet banking is enabled and has been used.

if so, they should be able to prove from std internet tools

that it was not her doing it.

they might also be able to trace who it was,

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

ive texted her to see what she says, all i know is hsbc know its fraud, i dont know if they traced anything, but they say its their policy not to pay this fraud as her email address and passwords were used, i was assuming it was from the 'verified by visa' thing when you can also change the password if you had forgot it etc, im not 100% as it isnt my account, just trying to help her as she has got no where and im finding it awful to she her stressed

It might need you to make this a formal complaint to HSBC, in writing. Point out that the online banking had never been used by your sister. Repeat all that has gone before. That they had refunded her then reversed the decision. Give the crime number and ask them to look into this again.

Do send the letter by either recorded or special delivery mail and keep the receipt.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

ive texted her to see what she says, all i know is hsbc know its fraud, i dont know if they traced anything, but they say its their policy not to pay this fraud as her email address and passwords were used, i was assuming it was from the 'verified by visa' thing when you can also change the password if you had forgot it etc, im not 100% as it isnt my account, just trying to help her as she has got no where and im finding it awful to she her stressed

email and password for what?

sounds like a computer keylogger trojan hack software more than taken by phone.

dx

and they

thanks CB...

Dx again im not 100% on what happened so i need to sit down with her and get it all down,

im going with her next week cant do anything this week for her,

all i know is she says the bank said because her email address was used,

and she also mentioned the word 'secure login' whatever that is,

the bank are saying the way its been paid they had too much of her pers information

so its looks like she did it etc, but they know it wasnt her,

and thats what i cant get my head around

if they know it wasnt her why are they making her pay?... they say its their policy,

she didnt have any insurance either thats what they are saying too,

that she would have been covered if it was a credit card or one of their better accounts,

but she has a basic account,

it makes my blood run cold

as i dont think my card is covered

and i often used it to pay for online purchases :/

right well thats absolute cobbrers and they know it.

the info can easily be gleamed by a computer virus

or

as you pointed too, someone using her card details

she p'haps accidentally gave her email details away too.

my pers bet is its a computer virus

does she use her card online at all?

or email?

dx

and they