Where’s the Barclaycard Rep gone?

DonkeyB
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4639 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Not a squeak since 3 August.

Such a short stay – maybe Barclaycard don’t think consumers need help in sorting out their problems, or help with the people they get to collect their debts, or help with the people they sell debts to?

Think it tells us all we need to know.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/member.php?324873-Barclaycard

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sadly, all he did while he was here was prove his ignorance of the people they sell debts to. Was it Roxburghe? Was it HFO Services? He wasn’t sure. He never mentioned HFO Capital, who claim to own them... Nothing got resolved as a result of an intervention.

Sadly, all he did while he was here was prove his ignorance of the people they sell debts to. Was it Roxburghe? Was it HFO Services? He wasn’t sure. He never mentioned HFO Capital, who claim to own them... Nothing got resolved as a result of an intervention.

No suprise however: Barclaycard really do care if you live or die - if you die you stop paying.

David

Could be worse.

Could be in the creek and wants a piddle

His river is probably full of CR*P:madgrin:

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

His river is probably full of CR*P:madgrin:

I dont think he was the sharpest tool in the box and you may not be far off the mark.

I did hear that his boss asked him to get a book from Amazon and he was last spotted cutting his way through a rain forest in Brazil.

Hope he is back soon, we are missing the in depth help and advice he used to give.

Probably didn't like the hostility he was getting and being hamstrung by the fact he cannot really discuss issues in public - all of his posts consisted of asking the person to contact a relevant company - something you would have hoped they would have done anyway.

Probably didn't like the hostility he was getting and being hamstrung by the fact he cannot really discuss issues in public - all of his posts consisted of asking the person to contact a relevant company - something you would have hoped they would have done anyway.

Nah he was crap

Vodaphone rep gets things done.

• Haha 1

Ghost, you're talking out of your bum again. Why try to defend the indefensible? The guy either didn't understand the issues or couldn't be bothered to do any legwork. Like Barclaycard, he seemed to be in a state if denial, especially where HFO's activities were concerned. When HFO lose their licence, you'll probably claim it was a wrong decision by the OFT.

Get real.

I am not 'defending him' - I am putting forward reasons as to why he is probably not that active.

Those being

- everyone will be criticising his company and he wont be able to accept any blame

- he cannot discuss cases out in the open - even if customers posts all the information the rep gives them publically - the rep simply cannot discuss certain things on the forum

- I would suppose many DCA issues would be somewhat out of his control if they are with other companies - depends on his job role I guess

- unless he is able to resolve every issue - people on this forum will be on his back

Whether he should have left is another matter but I can see why he may not be that involved.

But by all means, don't be blinded by your hatred.

To try and help overcome the ignorance manifested in your quasi-rhetorical waffle, ghost, please note the following:

1. The rep was not abused.

2. A few of us regularly PMed him, welcomed him and encouraged him to help. He never responded.

3. Your own argument - you can see why he did not get involved - is fatuous. It simply proves he did not have either the ability or wherewithal to help.

4. Which begs the question - why did he come here in the first place?

If Barclaycard want to choose abusive business partners like HFO, they should be prepared to be held to account for those relationships and their consequences.

There is no hatred in the sense you mean - simply a quest for fair and transparent dealings, and punishment for those companies that break the rules.

If you take a look at one of the responses

"That's just the problem though Barclaycard Rep. The Head of the Debt Sale Team, Ken Apter, failed to ensure that all of the sale agreements were signed off properly. Any account held by HFO Capital/HFO Services or Roxburghe are not valid under English Law. There have been no legal assignments. Oooopsss... better get the cheque book out ;-)"

Not quite sure how he is supposed to respond to that sort of comment - it can only end bad for him as an employee. Is he going to criticise someone senior in the company? Is he going to going to get into a long debate? No, he is going to take the easy option and refer people to official channels.

Another one 2why can't you explain in public why Barclays will not deal with Payplan?"

Again, why would he want to get into that sort of a debate on a forum? I daresay if anyone is going to have that debate it would be someone fairly senior in Barclays who makes the decision - and again they have something to lose if it goes wrong.

As for point 3 - why did he even get involved - well I guess initially to assist people - but perhaps a public forum might not be the best way to resolve these issues.

Quite clearly they don't want to be held to account and answer on a public forum a defence for HFO. I can see why from their POV.

Simple fact is ghost that Barclaycard don't want to be held accountable for any of their actions. No surprise they are the bank with most complaints - over 1,000 a day. Says it all really. Pure cowardice.

Edited by DonkeyB