Car Insurance Cancelled My Renewal!!

argyll2bikes
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4605 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My car insurance cancelled my renewal yesterday. I was working delivering pizzas from my local pizza shop and when i started working for them i phoned my insurer up to make them aware of what i was going to do to have the right level of cover when i called them last october to arrange this they told me that all i needed was buisness insurance and to tell them i had a part time job delivering pizza of which i did all off.

But when i was on the phone to them yesterday (28/09/2011) They told me i was to high a risk and they could no longer insure me i said to them if i dont do deliverys trying to fix the problem they just said sorry we cant do that and if you want insurance i would need to declaire that i have had insurance decilned from them.

But they said they would still cover me until 18/10/2011 but i cant use it for deliverys no more which i have now stopped doing as i dont want to get stopped my the police and found to have no insurance for doing such work.

Does anyone have any ideas?

I am not sure this would come under the heading of "having had insurnace declined". for example when I started teaching to drive, I first of all rang up my existing insurer and asked would they be able to insure me for this. They replied no, as they do not cover learner driving cars. I did not then feel obliged to tell every future insurer I rang that "I had been refused insurance by Company X".

As far as I can see you come into the same scenario as I did. You have asked your existing insurer if they can extend your cover to business and they have said no they don't want to. So you need other quotes from other insurers who offer such business cover.

My existing insurer refused to add my 17 year old daughter to my policy - so I moved insurer at renewal time.

I asked the new insurer whether that counted as having insurance declined, and they said no - otherwise everyone who has ever used a comparison site would have to answer "yes" as a search on one of those produces "declined to quote" type replies.

Thank you to all the replys so far.

I already had buisness insurance on my policy from 2009 for delivering of the work but they just turn round and said sorry your to much of a risk we can no longer insure you. even if i took the buisness insurance off they still would not insure me. They are saying it cos i get paid per delivery they say thats not a wage but i explaned that to them when i asked for that occupation to be added in october 2010

I have 2 claims one for a write off in 2008 and one for windscreen damage in 2010 but i have 3 years on claims

a lot of insurers are changing their 'book'. Injury claims are costing the industry a fortune and most will not longer cover certain types of driver.

Its a competitive business so shop around and I agree that isn't them declining to insure just changed how they rate a risk.