Can't open Command Prompt as Administrator.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4645 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am logged in as an administrator and have tried doing sfc /scannow to see if there are any problems. I have tried right clicking on the Command Prompt to run as Administrator to do the scan, but it just opens normally. I try to do a scan but it tells me I must be looged in as Administrator. I am already logged in as Administrator, so I can't understand what's happening.

Tried to run in Safe Mode, but it keeps on starting in normal mode when safe mode is selected. Tried Safe Mode with Command Prompt, but again it just starts normally.

Any help is muchly appreciated:smile:

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

Click the windows button and type sfc.exe /scannow

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

done that Loccy. It appears in the menu, but when you click on it nothing happens. It just flashes up very briefly and then disappears just as quickly.

you typed "sfc.exe /scannow" and nothing happened? You got another user account you can try?

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Nope. Checked it.

It works OK, but I would like it to do what it's supposed to do.

there's obviously a jinx in the works that may have been there for years. I used to know how to enable the

Admin account with Vista but have forgotten. I will Google it when I am sober (God only knows when that will be).:|