Can they make me work my notice?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4636 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I posted on here before regarding unfair selection for redundancy. I have now had my hearing which i adjourned because they were unable to answer any of my questions - so i asked them to re-schedule the meeting at a time when my questions could be answered. In addition, i have been told that my role is redundant immediately that i will not be made redundant until March because they have other work they want me to do. The work they want me to do is basically admin duties (i am currently at manager level) so in my opinion it would detrimental to my career for them to hold me back pursing another management type role with another company in favour of me helping them out with admin / support type duties. In addition i have already stated at my preference interview that i would not prepared to stay on temporarily.

The redundancy policy states i am entitled to 6 weeks notice and that the maximum notice period they will give any employee is 13 weeks - when i asked where this 6 month notice period came from i was told there was a business need and if i left before then i would effectively be resigning.

I want to leave - i have had enough but of course i dont want to lose out on my severance pay. Can anyone give me any advice on how to take this notice period up with my company? Do i need to work it?

PS - i have already spoken to ACAS regarding my issues on the redundancy selection and their advice was to raise a grievance due to the way in which this has been handled