Lowell....advice needed please

beyondhope
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4576 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have had 2 letters a wk, both with different reference numbers on from Lowell for the last 4 weeks, making a nice little pile now! They are apparently working on behalf of Lloyds TSB, apparently I owe over £500 on one account and just under £200 on the other.....now.....I have only ever had one Lloyds TSB account and that was in my pre uni years (10 years ago) the account I know I had, I was young and silly and went overdrawn with and ended up ripping up cheque book, snapping card and handing them back to the branch manager with my mother in tow, now my memory isnt the best but this was around Jan 2003.....There are NO LLoyds accounts showing on my credit reports with equifax or experian....are they just trying to pull the wool? I dont understand why they are chasing two seperate amounts when I only ever had one account anyway and Im 99.9% sure I cleared this account! They have apparently found my mobile number from somewhere, no idea how when they are chasing my maiden name as well? Any advice greatly appreciated!

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

send a prove it to clownells, but dont tell them anything

Absolutely. Give them no inkling that this debt may be Statute Barred. They may try to say a payment (or attempted payment!) was made on XX date.

Once you get something back, you will be in a better position to decide what to do.

Usual rules apply!!

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

That's what I was thinking...Ive 'hopefully' stopped the mobile calls now, how on earth they got hold of that I wouldnt want to know....or would I?! Its not even in the name they are chasing! Where will I find the 'prove it' template? Its been a while since I've been on here :) Thanks for your help

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

Thank you Silverfox :)

letters in library (top left)

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I know Lowells got my new number from a credit agency after i opened a new bank account and the bank was the ONLY people to have this number,not even family and friends.I was actually shocked that a bank can give such information away.It was a prepaid number with no possible explanation other than the bank gave it away.Hope that helps.

What type of bank account ? Some current accounts are recorded at the CRAs and they will automatically update with current information.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I believe there is a directory now of PYG numbers available

when you purchase a phone it has to be registered to your

address for guarantee purposes etc.,

A bank does not put your telephone number on the visible

part of your CRA files.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I never registered the phone with anywhere.The sim was bought from a shop for £1.No one else had this number.1 week after opening the account i started getting messages saying...MR xxxxxxxx it is urgent that we speak to you today etc etc.The only explanation is either the bank gave the number away or they have someone at the bank who does searches for them.

(rereading that it looks a bit argumentative i assure you its not.Sorry not trying to derail the thread.)

The bank would certainly not pass on a phone

number to a DCA when you open a new account,

how would they know that any DCA was interested

in you.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

The bank would certainly not pass on a phone

number to a DCA when you open a new account,

how would they know that any DCA was interested

in you.

I`m not sure what to say.As i said there is no possible explanation other than the bank passed it on.It is a sim used in a separate phone with only the bank having the number.100% not registered and 1 week later Lowells had the number.I did also get a letter a few days ago saying they had got my details through a credit link obtained via a credit reference agency.Don`t know what truth there is in that.

Just replying to the OP.Have you had your number for a while or is it a new one.

As an aside have you told Lowlife to

remove your number and do every

thing in writting.

Thanks brigadier but i don`t want to derail someones thread.I have been a lurker for quite a while and you and others do an outstanding job in giving advice.I`m sure i`ll start a thread soon after i get my head out of the sand.But to reply no i just completely ignore Lowells.They and others made my life hell for a while and i basically ran away from it.Not the best idea but it makes you do strange things when chased all the time.Whilst they have sent me texts and a letter they don`t actually "know" its me yet.They are fishing for confirmation before the daily phone calls and letters start again.

(Sorry OP)

• 1 month later...

No apologies needed badaboom :)little update from me, sent the prove it letter at the end of september.....had nothing directly in response to it. Have today received a letter with the credit agreement reference number and date of credit agreement date for each of the accounts. One being 1999, one being 2002. They are still constantly calling my mobile and have now started with the house phone too (which is in hubbys name) and still chasing my maiden name......Think a letter telling them writing only is next because they are disturbing me in work and despite asking to be removed from the list and being assured i would be, it hasnt happened, 4 seperate employees later!!!!there is no way I have made a payment in the last 6yrs probably even longer than that....where do I go from here, the constant harrassment is really doing my head in!

Send statute barred letter along with notice that any further contact will be deemed to be harassment and as such will be reported to the police. Additionally, as set out in the Protection From Harassment Act 1997 you will reserve the right to claim compensation fir the distress caused.

Log every further call and then report to 1) police 2) trading standards on 08454 040506.

Thanks both, they dont know they have found me as yet so is it worth sending the stop harrassing me letter first and then the SB or just go straight in with the SB, also although im pretty much adament ive paid nothing for at least 6/7yrs is there a way I can check this without admitting liability? Thank you

Depends what you want to achieve. Either way they have no leg to stand on.

Id just like them to disappear and stop ringing, texting and harrassing me constantly and sending me 4 letters a week, soon ill be able to wallpaper my living room! Am I right in thinking that if its not shown on credit history its over 6yrs old and therefore SB? I just dont want to drop myself in it if I have made a payment that I dont remember!

Do a subject access request for payment history. For sb accounts, if you declare it as such, the onus is on them to prove it's not.

I would do this to them or the original debtor (SAR)?

To the Oc.

However, if you send statute barred letter, they have to prove it isn't and it only costs recorded postage whereas sar is 10 quid.

Too true....off to the library I go......now do I send it in my maiden name, that they are chasing, or in my married name which they obviously know due to finding my phone number from somewhere! Id still like to know how they have that!