Ticketweb - Tickets not received and Non refundable

MoDizzle
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4656 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have not received my tickets I purchased using a debit card.

I live in London and the event was in Glasgow and if what they are telling me is right then they at least owe me a refund for the debit card usage fees and postage fees because I might’ve as well purchased the tickets at the door and saved money on those fees. After requesting for a refund I received this reply

Thank you for your email.

We are very sorry to hear of your reason for writing to TicketWeb.

As you have been advised when you booked with Ticketweb you paid for entry to an event. Whilst you did select to receive your tickets by post we have to assume that all tickets are received unless we are informed otherwise. Had you made us aware that the tickets did not arrive we would have been able to arrange a replacement set for you to collect at the venue.

Unfortunately you did not inform us of this until after the event had passed. Due to the fact that we could have provided you entry and the fact that the event has now passed we are not in a position to be avle to offer you a refund for this booking.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused but be assured of our best intentions at all times.

I regret that I am unable to offer you any further assistance in this matter.

Kind Regards

Steffan

Customer Care Advisor

Because I was only going to travel to attend the concert. I thought I might endup receiving the tickets on the day the concert was taking place because obviously I never knew about having to contact them 5days before the gig and I don't think it states that UNLESS I do that I wont be eligible for a refund....

Surely it would have been a sensible thing to phone them. If it were me and tickets hadn't arrived for a gig I wanted to attend I would have most certainly made contact.

How else would ticketweb know they hadn't arrived? There is also no way for them to prove you didn't actually attend.

Sorry to say, but I can't see any way you would be entitled to a refund.

Because they charged me for postage they should have the ability to track them or at least say in their emails that if one does not received the tickets 5days before the concert to contact them. I know it doesn't say that in their terms and conditions because I don't think thats legal is it?

You have to put your hands up and admit that you had opportunities to avoid this. Why didn't you phone on the morning of the gig when they hadn't arrived? Perhaps at that point a refund may have been possible.