Red 99 v Barclaycard

red99
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6320 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Help needed. Up to now i have sent Barclaycard all the usual letters; DPA, Prelim and then LBA....not a sauasuage out of them. Quite suprised actually as i have quite an advanced claim with Barclays with my current account. Anyway time expired for any sort of reply by Barclaycard on Monday, none arrived suprised suprise so yesterday i sent off my schedule ot charges, estimatation of charges and N1 to m/cr county court. Today i recieve my Barclaycard Statement to find £8 per £20 charge of the charges that have not been estimated have been refunded. HELP. Do i now need to get back in touch with the court and see if i can amend my claim as they only received it yesterday or press on???

Red

1st off have you had any correspondence from them about the refund?

If not then infomr the court you have had a mysterious payment of Xxxx paid into your account but you dont know what its for.

YOu then need to write to Barclaycard and ask what its for?

Have they had your claim served on them yet?

When if they tell you what its for then you can work out if they are going to let you keep it, i have heard some companies remove the refunds! Then you can tell the court and make changes accordingly, oh and if you have to pay to amend your claim then you can add the £35 to your claim.

HTH

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

Hi Glen.....cheers for reply. Spoke to the court today and as claim has been served it cant be withdrawn. Spoke to case management and as you said there is a general form for me to fill in with 35 quid fee, where i can amend the particulars.

The refund shows on my monthy statement as repaid penalty charges going on memory but no letter or explanation as of yet......wont hold my breath. Think their latest policy must be to totally ignore any correspondance received because apart from statments i haven't had a peep out of them.

Anyway digging in now for a very long wait. I'm also waiting for a court date now for Barclays with my current account, apparently the district judge has sent it up for the attantion of a more senior judge for guidance. Mercantile caught maybe but ive been waiting for getting on a month now. If i get a date for early next year in m/cr in hoping the judge would consider listening to both cases togther if it drags on that long....

Another thought occured, since your claim has lodged the amount they have refunded comes off the charges, plus interest paid, plus any intrerest claimed (even if its Sec 69).

So if they want to settle before court dont let them try to fob you off by paying less interest.

This follows on from a thread earlier where i argued against this but Bankfodder suggest the way i have outliend here is approrpiate and i bow to his knowledge.

HTH

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

• 5 months later...

All.....my court date is looming, 8th March to be exact. As i have only 2 years worth of statements the amount claimed is estimated and may be inaccurate.

Barclaycard assure me they are trying to get missing statements to me as quickly as possible. If these figures reach me after my court date or even beforehand and it works out that my estimated claim amount fell short of the actual amount owed how do i play it?????? confused:confused: