where to start

sal
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6636 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am very interested (excuse the pun) in taking this all the way and have been doing a lot of reading on what to do but I'm a bit unsure on how to start and find out exactly how much they have charged me over 6 years

recently I have had a few personal problems and incurred lots of charges off my bank and even when I spoke to them and told them they wasn't interested

please advice

sal

Hi

Welcome to the forum, the more people we have on board the more strength we have to fight these unlawful charges. I am sure you have a great many questions, and would therefore advise that you to have a look at the FAQ's:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5

In the same section you will also find a step-by-step guide which will help you through the process. The most important thing to do though, is to spend time looking through the forum at the experiences of others.

It is advisable to spend at least two days doing this - I understand that you are in a hurry to get your money back - but time spent now in learning and understanding the process will benefit you later. It could also save you from making costly mistakes.

All the best with your claim. Please keep us informed of your progress, and remember that we are all in this together. If you meet any problems, or have questions that are not answered elsewhere (and most have been), please post them to the forum.

just rang the hsbc and asked for a statement on my charges from them over the last 6 years.. they wanted to know I wanted to know and I said because I want to kow how much you have charged me

I have got to ring back after 9.30 and they should be able to provide the information I want

Online statements are good for getting the charges they have made, and certainly help you to get the ball rolling. However, it is prudent to send the DPA letter, as this also requests details of manual intervention (if this has occurred)

If you get confirmation of manual intervention (or an implication that it did not occur) then the bank has fewer options to surprise you with later on. When you do call them back, would suggest that you let them know you will follow up your request with this letter.

Good luck.

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Sal it is important that you read around the forum .Libary and read the Faq's .This question is asked many times.

When you have familerised yourself with the forum you may come back and ask anything you are unsure of .

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

thank you, I have found it and will be using it and personally taking it into my branch tomorrow so I will keep you posted on any comunication I get back

I received my statement from the last 6 years yesterday, it says thank you for your telephone call and heres the statement basically.. (No Charge as far as Im aware)

any way.. I have gone through it this morning and worked out they have taken £982.50 in charges

was looking at the interest as on the template later but it looks complicated to work out, so I think I'll leave it and just claim charges back

You do not need to work the interest out until you are putting a claim into court.

Good Luck

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/07/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6636 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks