Wonga - How much effort do they go to?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4401 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Defaulted on a Wonga loan in July 2010, sent a letter saying I couldn't afford to pay anything at the moment and never heard anything until this week.

They've now offered a ridiculously small amount per month repayment plan which would take 20+ years to repay.

Are they setting me up in some sort of trap here? To be honest these guys are not high on my list of creditors so I'm wondering whether it's better to just sit it out and see if they take me to court.

Do they get nasty? it seems strange they've left it a year in the first place.

If you want to take up their offer set up a pre paid payment card to use for them, will stop them getting their hands on your bank account.

You need only pay the original loan amount and one months interest, not their guestimated amount and all the default/collection/legal fees, interest and charges they may want to add on.

• 8 months later...

They dont need to let you know its being passed to a DCA unless the DCA has bought the debt. Remember, DCA's have no legal powers whatsoever. They know it, the Original Creditor knows it. They just hope you don't. Thats why most DCA's are normally the Original Creditors just using a different name.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Yeah thanks, just thought it was weird that I haven't heard a peep from anyone about it! Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread, was just wondering how the OP got on......

I had the same thing with wonga, heard nothing for over a year... then a letter, then another from their debt collectors... told them to bog off, then it was passed to another and so on....

I would pay this, but they refuse to negotiate. They tried telling me I had arranged a payment arrangement after I had defaulted !! Yet I was in hospital at the time, so pretty impossible as I was on 6ltrs of oxygen for over 2 weeks ! lol

My original loan was around £700 I think and they they want nearly £1700 !! Dream on, take me too court.... PLEASE :)

I had the same thing with wonga, heard nothing for over a year... then a letter, then another from their debt collectors... told them to bog off, then it was passed to another and so on....

I would pay this, but they refuse to negotiate. They tried telling me I had arranged a payment arrangement after I had defaulted !! Yet I was in hospital at the time, so pretty impossible as I was on 6ltrs of oxygen for over 2 weeks ! lol

My original loan was around £700 I think and they they want nearly £1700 !! Dream on, take me too court.... PLEASE :)

Hope you sent a complaint to the OFT with as much info as you can. If they ever did take you to court, you can show a judge exactly what theyve been up to, including blatantly lying so they could add on charges.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Hope you sent a complaint to the OFT with as much info as you can. If they ever did take you to court, you can show a judge exactly what theyve been up to, including blatantly lying so they could add on charges.

Arhh, I just ignored the idiots after offering loan+ 1 month and them refusing. :)

Ignore their letters in regards to contacting them but you MUST get the letter or copies of them in a full complaint to the OFT. Otherwise theres no point you being on this forum. You're just allowing them to continue unabated and do it to you and other people.