income support and mortgage interest payment letter query

geriann
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4666 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

both letters are are dated 11-8-11.

the income support letter says...

"i'm writing to tell you that your recent change in circumstances does not effect the amount of incom support we pay you, however there may br future changes to your entitlement.

this may be because of future changes you have told us about, the uprating of benefit or changes in deductions from your benefit."

the mortgage interest payment letter says...

"because there has been a change in your circumstances we have had to change the mone we take off your benefit to pay the interest on yor mortgage."

thier payments have gone down by 74p per week from the 25th of August.

my circumstances haven't changed and i haven't told them they've changed, so what's this about?

has anyone else got letters like this?

Yes. The "you" also includes your lender in this instance. If there has been a variation in the amount of capital you owe (if you've overpaid for example), then the lender is duty-bound to inform the DWP that your mortgage payments should change slightly, particularly when the annual totting up is done by your lender. The DWP does a recalculation and sends you a standard "change of circs" letter.

No need to worry.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...