Capital Finance One!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4666 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

OK, do you have a scanner? if so blank out everything else on the statement with a black marker pen then scan it and sent it back to the eejit who sent you the last email.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's just trying to scare you ! Just because the terms and conditions are in their contract, it doesn't make them fair - there is no way they will take you to court as they don't want judges seeing the extortionate penalties they charge. There is also the fact that as the contract is only for one month, then you only owe the original loan amount plus one month's interest - don't think they'd want a judge making comment on that either !

Stand your ground - if he keeps harping on about your solicitor's name - tell him their name will be on the defence and counterclaim should CFO issue a court claim.

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

I dont understand him at all though, hes saying they only took £450.30 on the 12th so why does it say on my statement that they took £720.30???? if a court would only make me pay back the original loan of £270 with one months intrest, why did he say the court would see the signed contract and make me pay what hes saying i owe plus costs?

Im so confused :(

Please don't let him confuse you, and please don't let him get to you - that is the idea, they try to baffle you by sounding like they know what they're talking about - it's quite clear that they don't!. He will be reading from a script and has no idea what the real situation is. Send the scanned statement and see what he has to say about that !

All you need to write is" I refer to your email dated XXX which listed payments you say you took from my account totalling £525.30 and alleging that £192 was still outstanding. Please see affixed print out from my bank showing CFO took £720 from my account. Can you explain how your figures differ?? I trust the matter is now closed and look forward to receiving confirmation of such".

Ok will do that and see what happens, i sent him a reply saying i wanted a breakdown of every penny they have taken from me with a date and a reason as to why they took it, hes not replied yet but i will send the statement and wait, thank you for your advice, its really helped me out :D

No problem :) when he sees the proof of what they have taken from your account I don't see how he can argue any more.

Correct ! can't wait to see what explanation they come up with :)

Got a reply from Mr Bishop:

Unfortunately I cannot accept that bank stetement as it doesn't show all payments in and out as you have crossed out sections of the statement.

Please re send and I will investigate

Why does he need to see the things ive crossed out? i crossed out other transactions and my account number and sort code

usually once you prove them wrong they suddenly forget your number, I told a guy at 247 that I would send him proof that they took money a day early, then await his phone call to say sorry, haven't heard from them since.

Cap finance -1 have finally sent me a letter, telling me that despite their attempts to contact me the matter is unresolved, this despite me having plenty of emails from them telling me no they don't want instalments and they will ring me at work, like it or not(they havent since I sent harrasment letter though). They are an absolute joke, breach the guidelines so many times.

Reporting them is the minimum you should do, 0paying that much on a £270 loan you should look into if you can claim any of it back off them.

He is just stalling you, although he may want the account number etc to verify it is your account etc. Or just trying to make you think your doing well if they say it's enough now, when in fact, they have probably taken too much from you.

Tell him "the other transactions are my private business and you have no right to see these. If you cannot accept my statement as proof of the payment then we are at something of an impasse. Perhaps you need to speak to someone more senior in your organisation. As I have provided proof I now consider the matter closed".

Ive done all the complaints, ive told CFO that ive complained to the OFT and Consumer Direct e.t.c and he didnt seem botherd, he says they havent broken any laws and that i understood all this when i signed my contract bla bla bla...

Ive just added it all up they have taken £745 from my bank account with out my permission and they have taken £50 from my old account in June when the account defaulted, so thats £795 in total they have taken from me, now hes saying i still owe £192 so all together for the £270 loan i took out with them they are asking for £987!

My account defaulted on the 17/06/2011 so in 2 months its gone from £270 to £987!!!!!!!

i replyed with something along the lines of why do you need to see my other transactions when they are nothing to do with you, the transactions by CFO are clearley in view, and once again no reply, he makes me laugh because i sent him an email at out 15.30 today asking for a complete breakdown of all the money they have taken and why, he didnt reply but when i sent the bank statement he replied straight away!

Send him the email I suggested in my last post, and then leave him to stew a bit.

No point, just let him dig a bigger hole for himself :)

He is talking rubbish, I've dealt with a lot of PDL companies and have helped in court defences when they have claimed £1,500 for a £150 account. They have NOT wanted to explain to a judge why their additional fees have been piled on and why they have not accepted a repayment arrangement.

Don't talk to him anymore on the phone and keep the emails. Have you complained yet?

Sillygirl1, i have never spoke with them on the phone it has all been emails, i have saved every email i have ever had with CFO, i have complained yes, i have told the guy from CFO that i have complained and he didnt seem fased by it in his email

Do you know if he is right saying my bank statement is no good becaused i have crossed the other details out?

Stop worrying about what he says regarding your statement - he has no legal right to see any of your bank transactions. You have provided proof of what they have taken from your bank - that is enough for their purpose. What you have to remember is that these people are trained to intimidate and bully until they get the money they want, when you prove them wrong they can sometimes be very vindictive and try to leave you worrying about what they've said - that's just the way these sort of companies operate. You are in the right - so don't let anything he says get to you.

I wont let it get to me now that i know i am right, i just want a straight answer from these people, thats what is so annoying that they just pass you off with long statements thinking you will just let it go

You will NEVER get a straight answer from them - they are paid on a high commission basis and that is why. His basic salary will be very low (if it exists at all) and he wants his 'pound of flesh' in the commission.

Have you got another bank account and written to your existing bank telling them that you have now repaid your original loan with CF1... it will be a back up if they try to extract any more funds.