Faulty settee from Harveys - what are our rights?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4658 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well, it is all covered over in our spare room, but my husband sat down on it yesterday and noticed this noise; the main issues are the broken transformer and middle 'odd' cushion. You are quite right to point this out, but it is 'as delivered' condition still!

Well, Harveys have sent a letter stating they will not refund our money, and will repair the sofa. They will also hold us responsible for any damage incurred if we drop sofa off at their store - so we have decided against this course of action. Disappointingly, when I spoke to our credit card company today, they are saying Harveys are entitled to choose either repair, replacement or refund and they can only approach them to try and persuade them as to our preference! Another legal helpline also confirmed this today, so we are very, very confused! This helpline said we should send Harveys a reply saying we are not happy with their decision but if a repair is made, it must be to our full satisfaction (ie, repair the recliner action, repair the middle cushion that is higher and firmer than the others, and also repair a loud squeaky noise on one of the seats). Then, if we are not satisfied, we can demand a full refund.

If we were absolutely sure of our consumer rights and that we are definitely entitled to get a refund, we would be willing to fight this, but we are getting conflicting advice. Would really appreciate your advice, therefore.

Disappointing, mine was easier because we paid cash however I would have thought post 2 still applies - after all you've only had it 5 minutes and surely its not fit for the purpose?