cctv pcn in a zone where ceo's also work!!! (newham)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4690 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi,

i'm new to this forum so forgive me if i don't make sense!!!:|

i got a cctv issued pcn contravention code 01j - parked in a restricted street during prescribed hours (camera enforcement)

i was not at all aware of the camera's as i didn't even know i had entered a cctv enforcement zone there are no signs on entry of the street or exit as it is a one way street. i was parked for literally 4 mins while my hubby sat in the car i went to a bakery to pick up an order. the reason we parked on a single yellow line in the first place was that we had been on 4 different roads and not managed to get a parking space and as there are no 20 min no return within an hour bay' or similar our only option was to park on the yellow line. if a ceo had come my hubby would have driven off and come back to collect me.

the cctv camera has a sign on it facing away from the road i was parked in and there are no other signs. also the yellow line has no T bar on the end but i am definitely fully parked on the yellow line there is no doubt about that.

do i have any ground for appeal on this or should i just pay it? this is in an area where ceo's regularly patrol so it is not unsafe for them to do so, which is why i don't understand why cctv enforcement is being used in the area.

said contravention happened on grosvenor road off green street.

i seriously need help as i'm very unsure wether i would get the appeal or not on the grounds that i was still on a yellow line, stupidly if i had parked one road to the right i wouldn't have got a ticket because there is no camera there!!! i am attaching the the pic's of the pcn notice.

thank you very much i look forward to your replies.

IMG_0004.pdf

IMG_0006.pdf

IMG_0007.pdf

IMG_0005.pdf

Edited by adhkar

Judging by the photos, which have times printed on them, your "literally four minutes" was in fact more than five minutes, which takes you beyond the discretionary period for observation.

You can still appeal on the basis that you were collecting goods to load, but you'll need to explain why you were so long without returning to the vehicle.

I advise NOT saying things like you'd have parked where the camera couldn't see you, or would have driven off if you'd seen a CEO coming. I would say that you parked there deliberately, because it was as close as you could get to the shop, and that you were strictly only meaning to load up - but that (for whatever reason) there was a slight delay in the shop.

hi thanks for your reply, can't i appeal on the basis that there is no signage on the road and the fact that there shouldn't be cctv in an area that ceo's also patrol?

"The Secretary of State recommends that approved devices are used only where enforcement is difficult or sensitive and CEO enforcement is not practical."

the cctv camera is in an area which ceo's patrol regularly so it's not difficult or sensitive for ceo enforcement.

i'm thinking i'll probably have to pay anyway but i'd just like some guidance. either way i need to send off my appeal today otherwise i'll miss the deadline.

thank you..

could somebody please read through my appeal letter and let me know if i need to change anything or add anything to it as this is the first time i'm appealing so i have no experience in this field!!!

Thank you very much.

pcn number 2.pdf

could somebody please read through my appeal letter and let me know if i need to change anything or add anything to it as this is the first time i'm appealing so i have no experience in this field!!!

Thank you very much.

Ok letter but don't count on it getting very far PATAS have previously rejected all your arguments including reference to the Wirral case as thats a TPT case not a PATAS case.

• 3 weeks later...

hi,

does anybody know when i'm supposed to get a reply back by? not recieved anything yet and it and the appeal was delivered on the 19/07/11 so i know they have it as i sent it recorded/signed for. could they have missed it and not put it on the system???

thanks.

blumming heck!!! so by the time you forget about it they send you the letter of rejection i guess!!! thanks for that cream70 i guess i'll mark day 56 on my calender now so as i don't forget!