style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4710 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i bought a tv from asda in jan 08 its now developed a fault where the screen is really green. i still have receipt i phoned asda and they said its over the 1 yr warranty. surely a tv should be expected to work for more than 3 yrs. is there any point in me pursuing this with asda.

Hi mos

Have a read of number 9 in my

signature. OFT Guide on SOGA.

Nice summary:- http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/+/berr.gov.uk/whatwedo/consumers/fact-sheets/page38311.html

You've got it in a nutshell, your TV should last for more then a year.

http://www.consumerwiki.co.uk/index.php/Sale_of_Goods:_Basic_Rights

For the purposes of this Act, goods are of satisfactory quality if they meet the standard that a reasonable person would regard as satisfactory, taking account of any description of the goods, the price (if relevant) and all the other relevant circumstances.

[SOGA, s.14(2A)]

If need be I would put the question to their head office, of how long their goods are supposed to last, where did it say that a TV is only supposed to last for 3 years.

If there was nothing to that effect, the question to follow is who in particular is responsible for that, because it is strict liability criminal offence for a trader with goods for sale, to cause or be "likely to cause the average consumer to take a transactional decision he would not have taken otherwise, taking account of its factual context and of all its features and circumstances", with due regard to "the main characteristics of the product, to the extent appropriate to the medium by which the invitation to purchase is communicated and the product".

[CPUTRs, s.6]

Edited by perplexity

Can I just ask a couple of questions.

1 are you watching through the TV directly or through a freeview box?

2 is the picture the same watching TV and watching DVDs?

(Just checking it's not a dodgy SCART lead / HDMI lead)

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar