Lowell Portfolio.... again!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4715 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I just checked my credit file and I have 2 defaults on it. One of which is from Lowell Portfolio. Now there is a story here and I am pretty angry.

I had a default on my account from the phone company '3' for £58 (from july 2008). I was annoyed at that because I thought it was on my credit file wrongly. So about 6 months ago I contacted 3 and asked them about it. They replied fairly quickly saying that I was lucky that it was only £58 as if they passed it onto their sister company 'lowell portfolio' then it could be over £200 because of admin fees.

Low and behold, 3 years after the default and only a few months after I called and 'reminded' them of it, it's now on my credit file as a default for £202 from Lowell and the one from 3 has vanished.

The really annoying this is that the whole entire affair is a myth... i didn't ever owe 3 anything in the first place.

What is the best way to deal with these crooks? please help!

Thanks in advance.

Mick

"about 6 months ago I contacted 3 and asked them about it. They replied fairly quickly saying that I was lucky that it was only £58 as if they passed it onto their sister company 'lowell portfolio' then it could be over £200 because of adminlink3.gif fees"

3 telling porkies here, since when have Lowell Portfolio been a sister company of 3?

They cannot add admin fees unless the original contract allows for this

Have you have had any association with 3?