Advice Please - Notice of Default & Charges

Dydie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4723 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, I have received this notice of default sums letter after one missed Direct Debit payment, it all seems a little heavy handed and over the top to me, do I have to pay these charges?

I have had this finance since 22/08/2009 and this is the first time a payment has been returned unpaid.

The date the direct debit leaves my account varies between the 26th and the 28th of the month, on this occassion they requested the direct debit payment on the 26th May which was a Thursday (I get paid weekly on a Friday and on this occassion there was not quite enough in my account to cover the DD)

Close Motor Finance telephoned me the following day Friday 27th May to say the DD had been returned and as I had received my wages by now I paid the full amount immediately by card over the telephone, I even asked if there were any charges and was told No!

I have now had this letter (Over a Month Later) asking for a further £40 in charges, I have never received a "Typed Arrears Letter" as quoted and feel its a bit harsh to be asking me to pay these charges ......

Do I have to pay this ? Please help

Scan0001.pdf

you can reclaim them ALL and any other unlawful fees they have levied.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks dx

I have not paid these charges yet (and don't intend to) but I want to send a letter back to them refusing to pay these charges

I'm not sure what my reasons are though! :wink:

Can you (or anyone else) tell me why these charges are unlawfull please, so I know what to say in my letter ??

Dydie x

because thye are a penalty NOT a true rep of their cost

do some reading around

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...