Please help support primary school

Stressed-Bunny
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4616 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

Hopefully this is the right place to post this, I've been asked by my niece to he support her school in this competition that Tesco is running on Facebook. The school is in one of the most deprived areas of the UK and they have the chance to win school uniform for the whole school.

If you have facebook & a spare minute all you need to do is:

• On facebook search “Clothing at Tesco”

• Click to “Like” the page

• On the left hand side of the page click the tab “Uniform Giveaway”

• You will now be on the vote page. Select “Essex” as the Local Authority and “Frobisher Primary and Nursery School”

• Click vote

If you can help I know my niece would be so grateful

• Haha 1

and here's the latest update, wait for it....................

.................we're 1st:whoo:

we are leading by 17 votes. You have all been so helpful, i'm lost for words, truly amazing:clap2:

I fully expect the other school's to turn up the heat n try to make a comeback so I know we can't rest on our laurels

and here's the latest update, wait for it....................

.................we're 1st:whoo:

we are leading by 17 votes. You have all been so helpful, i'm lost for words, truly amazing:clap2:

I fully expect the other school's to turn up the heat n try to make a comeback so I know we can't rest on our laurels

Such a deprived area..... I've been inside that school and others in the area. Those kids truly deserve every bit of help at any age.

:-)

They certainly do, (amongst other schools as well). We've fallen behind, now in 2nd place. running out of ideas at the moment, (doesn't help when other school hijack your thread)

Fingers crossed might still be able to do it

I know that school.... and the area it's in.

You have my support hun :-)

oh have you REALLY in that case you will probably be one of those who thinks " oh what a beautiful place to live"..and you'd be right- but LIVING here is somewhat different, unemployment runs at around 70% with those IN work relying on seasonal employment. average wages are UNDER £15000, yes that FIFTEEN thousand...not your southern 6 figure salaries!

there are also- as- having been here, you will have noticed- no shops to BUY cheap uniforms! which on average means a round trip of approx 100 miles to buy anthything. with public transport being pretty much non- existant.

so before you start being sarcastic and critisising people who, by no choice have to live here, i suggest you try walking a mile in their shoes and managing on the money and in the circumstances they have to!

PriorityOne was being genuine and supportive.

oh have you REALLY in that case you will probably be one of those who thinks " oh what a beautiful place to live"..and you'd be right- but LIVING here is somewhat different, unemployment runs at around 70% with those IN work relying on seasonal employment. average wages are UNDER £15000, yes that FIFTEEN thousand...not your southern 6 figure salaries!

there are also- as- having been here, you will have noticed- no shops to BUY cheap uniforms! which on average means a round trip of approx 100 miles to buy anthything. with public transport being pretty much non- existant.

so before you start being sarcastic and critisising people who, by no choice have to live here, i suggest you try walking a mile in their shoes and managing on the money and in the circumstances they have to!

Thats fine, it's easliy done. By the way 'Welcome to the site':-D

in that case- i apologise it read wrong- i read it as being sarcastic towards the welsh school! maybe i replied to the wrong post!

I'm not sure how you could have read sarcasm into my post..... as there was none whatsoever. :-) I know the Jaywick school and others in the same area.... and the area really is said to be one of the most deprived in the UK.:sad: In fact, I think it IS classed as the most deprived now. My work brings me into contact with these kids and their families and the future for most of these kids is very bleak indeed for all kinds of reasons.

PriorityOne was being genuine and supportive.

Thanks Rebel.... I was.

We've fallen behind again, still have a chance with the last couple of hours of voting left. This has been an exciting competetion for both the children, families & wider comunity, however I'm dissapointed at some of the remarks being made by other parents of schools in contention of winning on their facebook walls.:sad:

The votes have been cast & now the results have been announced. Drum roll………………………………………………………..1st Place went to Ysgol Y Traeth– congratulations & well deserved. 2nd place went to Frobisher Primary and Nursery School a truly amazing effort from everyone Involved, over 21,000 schools were involved and we managed to come 2nd. Everyone put in so much effort it makes me really proud. It was an extremely close battle and for most of yesterday it looked like we had it, but as time was running out Ysgol Y Traeth stole it at the end.

Due to the enormous effort made by both schools Tesco has just announced that 2nd Place Frobisher Primary and Nursery School will also be getting a prize (school uniform for l). Well done Tesco! (Good bit of PR for you)

And to all of you who helped out on here, thank you so much we couldn’t have done so well without you!

We've fallen behind again, still have a chance with the last couple of hours of voting left. This has been an exciting competetion for both the children, families & wider comunity, however I'm dissapointed at some of the remarks being made by other parents of schools in contention of winning on their facebook walls.:sad:

I've often thought that having kids sends some parents a bit ga-ga anyway.

The votes have been cast & now the results have been announced. Drum roll………………………………………………………..1st Place went to Ysgol Y Traeth– congratulations & well deserved. 2nd place went to Frobisher Primary and Nursery School a truly amazing effort from everyone Involved, over 21,000 schools were involved and we managed to come 2nd. Everyone put in so much effort it makes me really proud. It was an extremely close battle and for most of yesterday it looked like we had it, but as time was running out Ysgol Y Traeth stole it at the end.

Due to the enormous effort made by both schools Tesco has just announced that 2nd Place Frobisher Primary and Nursery School will also be getting a prize (school uniform for l). Well done Tesco! (Good bit of PR for you)

And to all of you who helped out on here, thank you so much we couldn’t have done so well without you!

Ahh.... that's s shame. Never mind though.... 2nd place was a great achievement.

• 2 months later...