Disk gives me my current docs instead of ones on disk

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4721 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have inserted a DVD into my drive which has docs and photos from 2009 on it. When I open it in 'my computer', it says: 'Files currently on the disc' and gives me the option of pictures, word docs and music. I click on the word docs but it goes directly to 'my documents' - my current documents from 2011. I can't figure out how to get to the docs on disc. It does the same with pictures.

Any idea how I can actually access the docs held on the disc rather than getting docs held on my PC?

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

I have inserted a DVD into my drive which has docs and photos from 2009 on it. When I open it in 'my computer', it says: 'Files currently on the disc' and gives me the option of pictures, word docs and music. I click on the word docs but it goes directly to 'my documents' - my current documents from 2011. I can't figure out how to get to the docs on disc. It does the same with pictures.

Any idea how I can actually access the docs held on the disc rather than getting docs held on my PC?

May depend of your version of Windors and Word to resolve directly but ans previous answer the quick test/work around is to view the documents directlyStart - My Computer - Double click on dvd drive- inspect for pics and docs

Or just double click "My Computer". Right click the DVD drive and select "open" and browse the disk that way.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Other discs work ok, just seems to be this one I have the problem with. I am in the DVD drive of 'my computer' but it only allows me to view docs currently in my documents though it tries to tell me they are on the disc.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

Do the icons on the disk look like this

shortcuticon.jpg

with the arrow in the bottom left?

If so it's not good news I'm afriad, as you have only burned a "shortcut" on the disk that contains no data, it just points to the folder on your computer :(.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar