Swinton Insurance - charging a cancellation fee despite cancelling within 2 days

kp278
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4016 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok if dd cancelled before payment taken then bank has to reverse, so you get the money back pretty pronto.

so now up to Swinton to try and get money from you, which may be a little more difficult as they dont have a leg to stand on.

Keep plugging away, hope it all works out.

i had a call last night from the manager. i argued that 21 days notice wasn't given for the renewal as detailed in their policy documents and he said he would go away and check it with head office and get back to me.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
How did you get on with this, lpcmatthews?

Isn't it annoying when people don't come back and let everyone know the outcome?

People that read this please keep your own threads up to date, it's an enormous help to everyone else if they know the outcome.

Yes, I know what you mean, itstheone.

I wonder if sometimes people just want to forget a stressful episode as quickly as possible, once it's over and done with - which is understandable. It would be helpful to others to post a quick conclusion, though.

• 5 months later...

Regarding Swinton Insurance. I had a policy that was fully paid up. My insurance changed to trades insurance due to setting up a business. Even though my insurance with Swinton was fully paid, they charged me £55 to cancel the policy. I couldnt set up the trade insurance without cancelling that one even though there was only 2 weeks left on the policy and I had paid ALL premiums in full.

Any advice and is this allowed!!

Thanks in advance!!

Abbey - £539 pending - !!!WON!!!

Halifax - £676 pending - stayed at court

2nd Claim with Halifax - £168 pending

Lloyds TSB - £780 (sisters) !!!WON!!! - Filed waste of costs order (on hold)

Barclays - Barclays filed crap defense - on hold

AND THE BANKS ARE STILL CHARGING!!!!!!!

How very dare you!!

Yes they can charge a cancellation admin fee, which will be in the policy terms and conditions.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread