B&Q IT range wine racks

ShirleyB
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4741 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

I'm a Newbie and this is my first post. I'm hoping someone has come across the same issues as me with B& Q: We decided to buy a kitchen from B&Q. We had it designed by B&Q staff and wanted one of their Cooke & Lewis range kitchens- but as the cost was high and my husband is good at DIY, we looked at possible ways of saving money. We firstly decided to fit it ourselves and secondly we wanted to save money on some of the carcasses, but use all the Cooke and Lewis doors and panels. When we asked one of the staff on the kitchen department, we were told that we could do this and indeed they helped us load our trolley. As the units were put together, we found that some were incompatible with Cooke and Lewis doors and panels and this meant lots of modifications by us.

In particular, we found that the four IT range wine racks we bought were not compatible with the C&L fronts- the racks had spaces for 6 bottles the C&L fronts only 5, so we had to modify the carcasses. However when we went to put in the wine bottles in the finished units, many would not fit- the racks would not take our white wine bottles or champagne bottles. They would only take the red wine bottles and then only the smaller ones! I complained in writing to B&Q stating that I did not think the racks were fit for purpose. I have just had a call from their customer service to say a0 they had contacted the store and the store denies that anyone told us the two ranges were compatible and b) they dispute that the wine racks are not fit for purpose. They have said that I would have to find a reputable 3rd person to confirm my claim- they refused to look at the photos I had taken to prove my claim. Any ideas what I should do next? I need help on where to go with this. Should I contact the furniture ombudsman?

All constructive comments will be most welcome!

hmmmm, have you altered the wine racks in any way? thats the rack themselves not the carcasses. do you have a link on b&q website so i could take a look at said rack? not going to drop myself in it BUT i work for a company who's name i can't tell you but TRUST ME ON THIS;-) if possible can you give me the EAN number? (thats next to product on website)

Hi shir

A couple of things, if you paid by Credit Card or Visa Debt, you could contact your credit provider to see if you can do a Chargeback

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/sale-of-goods/your-rights-when-paying-by-credit-card/chargeback-on-credit-and-debit-cards

Also have a read of the OFT's Guide on SOGA, no 10 in my signature.