Welcome Finanace Settlement Claim

jimjo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4749 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I am hoping you will be able to help me or shed some light for me.

I have a car loan with welcome finance which is in arrears and the agreement finished last year.

Because of this all the balance is classed as arrears

I rang my local Welcome Finance today to try and see if they would accept a settlement figure. The current balance on the account is 4'042.83

When i spoke to the guy he told me welcome are no longer accepting settlement offers and the whole balance would have to be paid in full to clear the account.

I am currently paying £300 per month but want to get rid of the whole thing in one go as its killing me every month to have to pay them....

I know it is my fault for getting the account in to arrears but i really don't want to be paying this amount for the next 15 months!!!

Is it worth writing to their head office offering them a settlement and if so do i offer them the 50% or would there be any better options.

Thanks in Advance.

Hi 'Crocdoc'

I didn't have PPI on the account. I have all the details from the SAR but am still waiting for the bank statements to see the charges.

I wanted to speak to them to see what they would expect then make my offer. Most people seem to be suggesting around 50% of the final balance but with what i was told from the head office that they are not accepting offers is it worth it?