Ingeus

Raven1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2505 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hahaha....I think it is more that Ingeus are doing the pre screening to see who would be best to put forward ( or in other words they can claim the credit for) i have no problems working for poundland, love shop work, just hope this pre screening thing is legit and not just Ingeus putting together a daft group session to look good on paper and it ends up being a waste of time.

Just be careful. Make sure this is a genuine job i.e. one which actually pays, and not a mandatory, unpaid work experience. Be sure to ask. Poundland have loads of form!

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ah! Ingeus pre screening sessions, I know the ones! You get to wear a paper hat and a red nose, preferential treatment is offered to candidates that can Gurn without the aid of a horse collar, or toilet seat. If you can peel a grape behind your back blindfolded and without a safety net you will deffo get put forward for the post.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

Ah! Ingeus pre screening sessions, I know the ones! You get to wear a paper hat and a red nose, preferential treatment is offered to candidates that can Gurn without the aid of a horse collar, or toilet seat. If you can peel a grape behind your back blindfolded and without a safety net you will deffo get put forward for the post.

That job is mine...that's my party piece haha

Just be careful. Make sure this is a genuine job i.e. one which actually pays, and not a mandatory, unpaid work experience. Be sure to ask. Poundland have loads of form!

Funny you should say that now i think of it my advisor did say the job was for 16weeks at first, and now i recall one of my other advisors last year trying to get me to do 16 weeks work with no promise of a job after, and i refused, starting to think this maybe the same thing...grrrr wish they would just do the job they are getting paid for and let us know about real jobs and none of this sneaky stuff.

If everyone gets the new consent letter sent in they will find themselves shelved.

The new consent letter makes it clear you will not give the provider any prospects of an

outcome payment making you completely worthless to them.

Its all business, No chance of getting paid from him/her, shelve them and see them as little as possible.

Got my Ingeus appointment on Wednesday (8 weekly now) and going to get there early and hand

a few of these consent letters out, 1000's don't know how to stop these providers dead.

If only we could arrange a mass withdraw consent on the same day of 1000's of us slaves at all

providers, the ship will sink.

100 people at same office withdrawing consent, 100 x £4000 out of Ingeus,A4E etc pockets, They would not be happy.

George

was told i need my birth cert/passport and my bank details

Birth certificate or passport are to prove that you are entitled to live and work within the UK - The fact that you are claiming JSA should be proof enough for any "pre screening". Bank details would only be needed once you have a confirmed offer of a real job so that an employer could add your details to their BACS run.

Your "adviser" can not mandate you to provide these documents, and if this Poundland job is genuine, then it is for the (potential) employer to request the information. I'd suggest having a tactical lapse of memory and leave the papers at home.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Well got a text off my advisor to attend a pre screen job interview for poundland at their office, do any of you guy/gals know what that may involve? i have been to one they did for Asda and we had a competition to see who could build the tallest towers out of paper cups and paper was wondering if it will be the same sort of rubbish like that, was told i need my birth cert/passport and my bank details (well i know for sure i ain't giving anyone my bank details). Thanks in advance.

Not everyone has a passport and some even dont have a bank account so I guess I wont show them my passport and they should already have my bank details.

Not everyone has a passport and some even dont have a bank account so I guess I wont show them my passport and they should already have my bank details.

Why would the drone want or have your bank details? There is absolutely no reason for them to have this info. JCP need it to pay your social security entitlement (I hate the words "Welfare" and "Benefit"!), but drones do not need this info and you should tell them so.

Edited by citizenB

Well guys/gals thank you for all your input, i don't have a passport, and would not give out my bank details unless i got the job (like others have mentioned)

Just to let you all know got a call from my advisor this morning, the whole thing is off as Poundland have pulled out of the session and it looks like it won't happen for 6 weeks or so, Honest this whole programme is a load of sh*te, when it looks like they are finally going to actually do something to help you into a job (if that's what the session was about..never know with them) it all falls apart, now it will be back to me sitting in the office job searching (which i do at home as i have internet for job search and my childs school homework is 90% done online) roll on August when my 2year sentence is up...then will just have to wait and see what amazing rubbish they have for me then( wishes for job ) ha. thanks again people.

If anyone actually want's a job at Poundland why not approach them directly and cut out the drone? Hanging around for another six weeks means someone else gets in first!

Edited by citizenB

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

Do advisers only pick certain clients for companies that come to ingeus? I was picked for a job that wasn't a bad job at all, (i didn't think i was good enough for it like, but my adviser seemed to) the other people getting interviewed looked the part and that aswell

Do advisers only pick certain clients for companies that come to ingeus? I was picked got a job that wasn't a bad job at all and the other people getting interviewed looked the part and that aswell

In a word yes, It's called creaming, putting forward those that have qualifications or experience those that stand a fair chance without having to go on courses.

The opposite is parking, where those that need a lot of assistance to get to interview stage are dumped in a corner and forgotten about.

In a word yes, It's called creaming, putting forward those that have qualifications or experience those that stand a fair chance without having to go on courses.

The opposite is parking, where those that need a lot of assistance to get to interview stage are dumped in a corner and forgotten about.

Well I was put straight forward for an interview with another staff if ingeus,and if successful another with the relevant company, (I got 2 of these in 2 weeks), Igot emails about it prior to the interview off my adviser, as I said the people who got interviewed before and after me looked good enough for it, as well as the adviser interviewing having a list if about 20-30 clients to be interviewed, Which one would you say I was?

If candidates are parked, this is more than likely to arise when candidates invoke their right not to sign the Data Protection Waiver, hence leading to difficulties for Ingeus to claim any payment should the candidate secure employment, and absolutely nothing to do with whether the candidate in question is skilled and experienced for whatever jobs they have being trained for.

However, Ingeus Staff are mere functionary Welfare To Work Clerks, with possibly only a basic Mickey Mouse NVQ in Information, Advice and Guidance to their name.

Edited by RebeccaPidgeon
Additional Information Submitted

If anyone actually want's a job at Poundland why not approach them directly and cut out the drone? Hanging around for another six weeks means someone else gets in first!

The reason i was going through Ingeus to get the poundland job was beacuse the store isn't open yet, it is a new one that is soon to open in my area so they haven't advertised the jobs yet and i gather Ingeus approached them or poundland approached ingeus.

Edited by citizenB

The reason i was going through Ingeus to get the poundland job was because the store isn't open yet, it is a new one that is soon to open in my area so they haven't advertised the jobs yet and i gather Ingeus approached them or poundland approached ingeus.

Your best bet would be to cut out the cruft in the middle and go direct - I see Poundland has their own recruitment site, so give that one a shot, else write to the HR dept. direct.

Edited by Mr.P

Funny you should say that now i think of it my advisor did say the job was for 16weeks at first, and now i recall one of my other advisors last year trying to get me to do 16 weeks work with no promise of a job after, and i refused, starting to think this maybe the same thing...grrrr wish they would just do the job they are getting paid for and let us know about real jobs and none of this sneaky stuff.

Is that the one on page 183?

You mean actually volunteer to be a poundland dogs body? Lol self inflicted slavery anyone?

Edited by citizenB

You mean actually volunteer to be a poundland dogs body? Lol self inflicted slavery anyone?

Not everyone working at Poundland is a conscripted workfare slave - They do actually pay some staff, all be it a minimum wage.

Not everyone working at Poundland is a conscripted workfare slave - They do actually pay some staff, all be it a minimum wage.

In my local one the staff are virtual zombies and the jobseekers would probably be better doing their job then the actual staff

Is that the one on page 183?

Not sure what you mean...but if it helps i was talking about a pre screen interview with Ingeus for a poundland store (which has now fell through... for now)

Hi all.

I've been for a work programme referral interview today and I have been referred to Ingeus. I expect them to call me tomorrow to arrange my first session with them, which will be a group session, before they assign me to an individual advisor. I've briefly skirted over the most recent posts in the thread, but I was wondering what to expect from Ingeus and what to expect from this group session? I've done my research on the ineffectiveness of the work programme (and in my area, Ingeus have a success rate of 3.4%). The one thing I noted most from today, was the threat of sanctions. They were highlighted by my advisor, and featured prominently on the letter I was given. Also, I have never heard the word 'mandatory' used as many times in so few sentences.

I have the suspicion I will find the whole programme to be patronising and demeaning. I wouldn't like to lose my benefits, but at the same time, I think I have the relevant skills (A-Levels and an unfinished degree in Politics) to find a job by myself, and I also won't put up with condescending 'advisors' and them sending me on pointless courses or forcing me to apply for jobs I have no interest in. Saying that though, I'm willing to give the whole thing a shot, just so I can experience it for myself and see how the advisors attempt to treat me and the people at my first group session.

Hi all.

I've been for a work programme referral interview today and I have been referred to Ingeus. I expect them to call me tomorrow to arrange my first session with them, which will be a group session, before they assign me to an individual advisor. I've briefly skirted over the most recent posts in the thread, but I was wondering what to expect from Ingeus and what to expect from this group session? I've done my research on the ineffectiveness of the work programme (and in my area, Ingeus have a success rate of 3.4%). The one thing I noted most from today, was the threat of sanctions. They were highlighted by my advisor, and featured prominently on the letter I was given. Also, I have never heard the word 'mandatory' used as many times in so few sentences.

I have the suspicion I will find the whole programme to be patronising and demeaning. I wouldn't like to lose my benefits, but at the same time, I think I have the relevant skills (A-Levels and an unfinished degree in Politics) to find a job by myself, and I also won't put up with condescending 'advisors' and them sending me on pointless courses or forcing me to apply for jobs I have no interest in. Saying that though, I'm willing to give the whole thing a shot, just so I can experience it for myself and see how the advisors attempt to treat me and the people at my first group session.

You may well find that after a short running in period you will be mentally conditioned to regard the word Ingeus as a trigger which will turn you into either a gibbering wreck or a homicidal maniac.