Barclaycard courtclaim re:Charges +6yrs -***WON*** Compound Int't and **NO SET-OFF**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3690 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Shelley,

I very much doubt it's delaying tactics. Just reply saying you've already sent them an acceptance letter but will not agree to any confidentiality clause.

Give them whatever they want re bank's name, address, etc (LoL - you'd think that they, as a bank, would have a little book identifying each bank by it's sort code !!).

You're nearly there now !

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Slick,

I am sure as a bank they hold a bank 'sort code' book. In my job I held one and I didn't work in or for a bank. Just a small hurdle but yes, almost there.

I had printed their latest offer and scored through the confidentiality clause, signed it and emailed it back to them. So as far as I am concerned they have already got sufficient paperwork. The bank's name and address is just being perdantic in my opinion, but they can have it seeing's as I am in a good mood today. I had a result on another case, won by default so I am floating on air at the moment.

Regards

Shelley

Santander PPI X 2 **WON** claims on behalf of son (Oct 2010/ Mar 2011)

Citicard O/H (PPI) - **WON** Compound Interest Dec 2011

Citicard O/H (Charges) Bailiffs sent in August 2012

Barclaycard - **WON** Compound Interest Oct 2011

Monument - account information being sought for OH

Citicard - self - N1 submitted August 2012

Barclaycard - self - **WON** damages for non disclosure/information now rec'd. Aug 2012

Barclaycard - relation - Failed SAR sent 29/09/11

Halifax SAR sent 18/08/2011 for relation

LTSB - SAR sent 09/08/2011 for friend

Hi Shelley,

They're not being pedantic, or using delaying tactics. They're just doing what they think they have to, in order to finish the case.

Stick with it for now and see how they respond to your refusal re confidentiality.

If they delay further, tell them you will be seeking a Wasted Costs Order if their delays force you to prepare your court bundles.

Who was the other win with - looks like a good September for you, unless BC let this run into October.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hi Slick,

I filed 'request for Judgment' on a Citi PPI case and when I telephoned the court yesterday they said it had been filed. I am waiting on the documentation to see what instructions they have given them to pay and then I have to sort out how I am going to get the money.

Just off to court to file AQ for another case with Cap One but it keeps me out of mischief.

Regards

Shelley

Barclaycard - self - **WON** damages for non disclosure/information now rec'd. Aug 2012

Hi Shelley,

They're not being pedantic, or using delaying tactics. They're just doing what they think they have to, in order to finish the case.

Stick with it for now and see how they respond to your refusal re confidentiality.

If they delay further, tell them you will be seeking a Wasted Costs Order if their delays force you to prepare your court bundles.

Who was the other win with - looks like a good September for you, unless BC let this run into October.

Hi Slick,

I have received email form BC explaining that they have sent paperwork over to their finance department to process the payment which is likely to be available sometime next week. I think that's a good result.

I had explained the documentation they had received from me was sufficient and they seem to have accepted that. So, NO confidentiality clause applicable.

I wait with baited breath for cleared funds and a weekend break to relax and recharge for the next case on my list.

Thank you for your continued support, without which as DX says, I would probably have given up months ago.

Regards

Shelley

The Consumer Action Group needs help to cover itsexpenses.

You could help by making a money contribution to http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/paypal.php?go=donate

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The Consumer Action Group needs help to cover itsexpenses.

You could help by making a money contribution to http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/paypal.php?go=donate

dx

All under control DX.

I did raise this question in thread 132 and have book marked the 'money page' to donate as soon as I have funds available.

I couldn't let such a valuable organisation go a miss after ALL the hard work everyone has done for me and my O/H, without which you know what I would have done.

Even the lady in the courts today commented on how 'brave' we all are for taking on the 'big boys' to get back what is rightfully ours, and I must say I felt my ego grow ten fold :)

I have had to bring myself back to earth though because winning it in writing is one thing, the money being in the bank is better!

Regards

Shelley

Ha! It's fine ims.

My gran used to have a saying "if you don't ask, you don't get" and you would be surprised what I have managed to get in life using that saying? Ha! some are not repeatable on here though.

Hi Shelley,

This is looking good now. The final stages are always nerve-wracking but you have to remember this :-

To you, this is a big battle and a great victory.

To the bank, you are a name and a number they forget at 5pm.

I was considering taking the **WON** message off your thread title in case we were premature. But I'm now content that your money will come through.

Keep us informed. :-)

hey not all the site team suffer from premature.........

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You just couldn't resist, could you !!

:wink:

Having accepted and completed all the documentation they required, minus the confidentiality clause of course, no funds received to date. Am I being over anxious? How long is considered time enough to transfer funds into a bank account?

Hi Shelley,

Because there is no deadline for them to meet, they'll take their time. If there was a court hearing date, they'd process the payment more urgently.

Send an email. Ask that they treat the matter of payment with urgency now and ask for the specific date on which they'll make the payment to your account.

In my experience, there's no need for you to be anxious at this stage - just patient !!

If you are feeling naughty, you could, also suggest that it does NOT seem too much to ask that they make the payment promptly, seeing how they are a bank !!

Thank you Slick.

I have online banking which I check during the early hours of the morning so if it's not showing by 3am tomorrow I will draft an email expressing my disappointment and that as I continue with my bundle, I will submit a 'Wasted costs order' if the payment isn't in the bank by Friday 30th. I'm not sure if they would be bothered by compassion but my OH could certainly do with a spell of Convalesence.

Watch this space!

Hi Shelley and noted.

Forget about compassion - like I said before, to the bank, this is just a case they forget at 5pm.

Stick to the legalities and do not mention something that has no relevance to the court case.

I understand what your saying and will follow your guidance, thank you.

I have just been looking through my documents and note that the AQ was submitted 2 wks ago to the courts. How long would you expect to wait for a court date? Shouldn't we be receiving one imminently?

Be interesting if it comes in the post tomorrow :)

Hi biggeorge,

It takes a lot of patience and strength but it is worth it.

I have several cases in process at the moment and a relative has one with MBNA.

I lost so much through these institutions and now I am like a dog with a bone, REFUSE to let go until settled :)

Keep going

Shelley

Hi Shelley and noted.

Forget about compassion - like I said before, to the bank, this is just a case they forget at 5pm.

Stick to the legalities and do not mention something that has no relevance to the court case.

I sent them an email this morning and received a reply which translates to "payments team know about you, will tell you when they are processing it". Not good enough in my book so cheeky email just sent sarcastically saying "Financial Institute like Barclays can't transfer fund from bank to bank in 7 days", Most unprofessional!!! Funds not available by end of week Wasted Costs Order will be submitted and DJ will be made aware of treatment process.

It's one thing agreeing to a settlement - it's another getting the dosh out of them :(

Shelley

Absolutely, they sing to a different hymn sheet when it is them that owes the money !!

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Absolutely. As Slick said, they forget you after 5pm. Well not this one. They will be getting emails and phones calls daily starting Friday morning and I will pleed ignorance to any allegations of Harrassment.

I have spoken with the courts today and they think the DJ will set a date by the end of this week so at least I will have that. And if it's not in the bank by Friday further interest will be added daily, just like they do when the boot is on the other foot.

What they don't realise is we have other claims in with them also in different family names so at least I am prepared as to their tactics, ha!ha!

Hi Shelley,

I should have said earlier, you should send them an updated settlement figure if the difference amounts to much.

Just send an updated SOC with your courts costs added to give a current total.

If it's only a matter of a pound or two, forget it for now but do it if you have to write again.

Do you know roughly how much the daily added int't is.

Hi Slick,

I have calculated £2.07 per day and I am down by £22.77 upto today :(

....... in which case, I'd email them an updated SOC and ask that they pay the current updated settlement figure promptly AND add £2.07 for each day they delay further.