Natwest Step- refused

discodaddy1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4134 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, following on from excellent advice on this site applied online for this account..all was good was asked to provide further id for my wife as requested...then a letter refuseing me for current account

then received letter saying been declined for step account...followed by next day..pin card info then welcome to us letter then account opening letter then account closed letter????????/

the only thing is san see is that due to a council error my electrol role update is not done for my new address despite beeing here 3 years- (next updates are august by council)..but provided proof of address letters etc

any advice pls....

• 1 month later...

Hello discodaddy1. I had a very similar experience over the last four weeks. Refused for current account. Applied for Step account and received a letter stating that my application was successful. Later, I received internet banking login details, a card reader, but when I telephoned to inquire when the debit card would arrive, I was told that the account had been passed to their internal collections department, Triton Credit, in Telford. When I spoke to Triton, I have to say the members of staff were helpful, but they informed me that my account was "moving towards closure" as six years ago, someone with a similar name to mine had allegedly committed fraud with a cheque guarantee card. Needless to say, I have no knowledge of this and the employee with whom I spoke apologised as this may affect my ability to open accounts with other banks!

I haven't received the "account closed" letter as yet but am expecting it.

I have contacted a national newspaper's money advice column and shall keep you posted.

• 1 year later...