A default on my account due to a £20 overspeand?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4737 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I wa swondering, in 2009 I have a default because for a few months in a row I went no more than £25 below my account. I ahve no idea this was happening as I was always transfering money form my other account a day or two later so it was immendiently settled. I was unaware at the time it was an issue was my statement always showed me in the black and obviously I didn't pick up on it.

However I recently had a loan application rejected because of this default (I was unaware of it) and was wondering if I can have it removed? It seems so petty for something so little, as I said it was never more then a few quid at a time and always automatically settled in a few days.

Any guidance or advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

You need to contact the original creditor and explain that as any default was automatically cleared within 14 days of it happening they should permanently remove the markers from the CRA files, or mark the default as satisfied. If not ask the CRAs to put a note on the file stating the same.

If nobody plays ball then complain to the Information Commissioners Office.

Thanks for the Reply.

I may have mixed up accounts though, it was my credit card account they defaulted upon (HSBC as well) but the same situation, late pay but it was always paid and upto date a few days later.

PMSL

the ICO are useless, worse than useless and less than useless. in a word, useless!

Go to the FOS because the default is UNFAIR.

Advice and comments posted by The Debt Star reflect only my personal opinion and it is up to you alone to decide what action you should take. You should always seek independent legal advice from your own qualified legal advisor.

You will get a better hearing from FOS if you have exhausted ALL the possible remedies open to you,

and have final responses from creditors and DCA's (IMHO & Experience)

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

final responses required for sure, but fos will order the lender to remove default data if it is unfair and no need to go to ico, who will do nothing. i have plenty of experience of this now, with 4 successful fos complaints upheld on data recorded on my credit files.

Advice and comments posted by The Debt Star reflect only my personal opinion and it is up to you alone to decide what action you should take. You should always seek independent legal advice from your own qualified legal advisor.