A1 Approved warranty

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4742 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I bought a car last Saturday from car dealer with 3 months warranty from A1 Approved Ltd. During the test drive and inspection I learned that car didn't have MOT and there was engine 'Malfunction indicator' flashing. Because the car supposed to have MOT - according to advert, dealer did it for me on the same day. When the car came back from the garage with new MOT also 'Malfunction indicator' was not flashing anymore. Dealer said there was some problem with MOT, the car fail to pass it due to small problems, but they fixed that and car went through with no more problems.

Now, yesterday my car started to misfiring and 'Malfunction indicator' went off again today. What shall I do now? Come back to the dealer and request fixing the problem under sale of goods act (as some posts recommended) or check the car in garage and call A1 Approved for warranty repair?

thanks for help!

Hi and welcome to CAG.

After such a short time scale, you should take the car back to the seller and ask him to rectify. If they chose to involve the warranty co, that's up to them but they have an obligation to you under the SOGA which the warranty does not replace. Come back and let us know what happens.

• Haha 1

hi,

The car fail MOT due to 'Malfunction indicator', they diagnosed the fault, changed 2 fuses and erased engine management light...let see what happens. Thanks for advice.

the car failed because the malfunction light was on????? whast this about then? i am a qualified class IV MOT Tester and i can tell you that the engine management light is NOT included in an MOT although the tester can if he wants to , advise that the light is on, personally not something i would bother with because whats the point in telling someone there management light is on when the driver can clearly see that everytime he gets in the car, but you do mention the car is misfiring and most commen for that these days is the coil especially if its a vauxhall or renault so the fault needs fixing obviously and better if its sonner rather than later as a misfire leads to unburnt fuel which then mean knackered catalyst if driven too much in that state, get it sorted quickly with the selling dealer !!!

hi,

I have brought my nissan to the dealer today. Well...they were quite reluctant to do repair, but finally they agreed to do so. The car was taken to garage who co-operates with them and should be ready for tomorrow...so lets see quality work :)

thanks