me and my benefits

Feebee_71
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3894 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

That sounds like you have an overpayment from start of 2013 award up until you renewed as they continue to pay you based on your figures from last year.

Ie from 6/4/13 up until 25/06/13 (apprx) you will have rec'd TCs based on the figures provided last year, which you say we're considerably lower x

I think that's where the overpayment has arisen x

scotgal 

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for that Scotgal, what they say in their letter is that they've recalculated based on the submitted figures and are reducing my award accordingly (fair enough) and that, until April 2014, they're going to pay x amount weekly coming out as a total award of xx. This amount will include an overpayment of z amount.

That's the bit I don't understand, why not reduce the remaining payments by the amount that will represent the overpayment instead of giving of too much now then taking it away in the future?

Sorry if I sound dense about this!!

Feebee_71

You don't sound dense, it's the HMRCs TC letters that are nigh impossible to make sense of.

Without actually seeing the letter/amounts its probably the 21/2 months had payments which were paid at the same rate as last years award. The law doesn't allow them to deliberately create an overpayment to satisfy their systems, however if you feel that is the case, ring them up and tell them to adjust it so there is no overpayment x

scotgal 

Hi, thanks for the reply,

No the reduction doesn't take it into account as the letter says I'm going to be paid xx amount from now until April and the figure will include zz amount which will represent an overpayment that will be due for repayment from any future award of tax credits!!

Feebee_71

• 3 months later...

Hi all,

Am asking on behalf of a friend who has received conflicting information.....

She has been placed in ESA WRAG for a while now and has been referred to Work Programme. Her JCP advisor tells her that participation is mandatory but her CAB advisor has said that it is optional.

Could someone please confirm which it is so I can advise my friend correctly.

Today she was meant to have a phone appointment with them, over an hour after the time of the appointment someone else rang and told her the advisor she was expecting to speak to was off sick and the person who did call was a total waste of time and effort on my friend's behalf. By the time they called she was in a state of absolute panic and is still trying to recover from the anxiety of having to deal with them at all let alone them calling so late.

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Feebee_71

Sadly it's mandatory you have to see them for 2 years. Even if you get a job you're still "on their books" till the 2 years is up. I've seen them now over a year and they've not arranged anything much to help me. I have applied for jobs myself and sorted out all my own interviews.

Lynda~

She has been placed in ESA WRAG for a while now and has been referred to Work Programme. Her JCP advisor tells her that participation is mandatory but her CAB advisor has said that it is optional.

Could someone please confirm which it is so I can advise my friend correctly.

Today she was meant to have a phone appointment with them, over an hour after the time of the appointment someone else rang and told her the advisor she was expecting to speak to was off sick and the person who did call was a total waste of time and effort on my friend's behalf. By the time they called she was in a state of absolute panic and is still trying to recover from the anxiety of having to deal with them at all let alone them calling so late.

Unfortunately, for most ESA claimants in the WRAG group, participation in the Work Programme is mandatory. Annex A of http://www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/wp-pg-chapter-2.pdf details the claimant groups and the required access points and level of participation. It is also worth reading the rest of the guidance documents so that you and your friend know what to expect and can challenge anything that sounds dubious.

If your friend has issues with talking to people over the phone, she should insist on all communications to be made in writing - I myself will not discuss personal issues with anyone over the phone, even face to face, I'm selective about what I will say.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Unfortunately, for most ESA claimants in the WRAG group, participation in the Work Programme is mandatory. Annex A of http://www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/wp-pg-chapter-2.pdf details the claimant groups and the required access points and level of participation. It is also worth reading the rest of the guidance documents so that you and your friend know what to expect and can challenge anything that sounds dubious.

If your friend has issues with talking to people over the phone, she should insist on all communications to be made in writing - I myself will not discuss personal issues with anyone over the phone, even face to face, I'm selective about what I will say.

As some will know this is an issue I am dealing with at the moment, I have found a document that is at odds with chapter 2 of the guidance notes, it was issued in June 2013 as part of an FOI request to the DWP https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/168650/response/413255/attach/4/Eligibility.pdf

Page four row one states ESA (IR) WRAG with 18 or 24 months prognosis is a voluntary referral, something I have been arguing all along.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

I think the CAB is confusing Work Programme with Work Choice. The latter is optional.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

I think the CAB is confusing Work Programme with Work Choice. The latter is optional.

TBF I think everyone is confused over this.

One thing is for sure though, the WP providers cannot be trusted to interpret anything and until I get clarification from either the DWP or JCP I'm not engaging with the Programme.

So far, every document I have provided that IMO confirms I am a voluntary participant has thrown the provider (Seetec) into a tail spin. They themselves told 25 of us way back in March that we were voluntary status, and as far as I can see nothing has changed from the DWP to alter that.

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

TBF I think everyone is confused over this.

It is my belief that DWP are attempting to create loopholes in the current legislation, which allows them to mandate more WRAG to WP, and therefore giving the WP what they asked for some time ago, which is for more WRAG participants. Wrag are (no offense intended, as I am currently on ESA WRAG) cash cows to the WP.

The 25 that where mandated to WP got the WP (approx min) £15,000 just for them being placed on the WP books.

osdset, are you taking being mandated to WP to a DM?

Edited by down'n'out

osdset, are you taking being mandated to WP to a DM?

No because Seetec haven't legally mandated anyone, the only 'official' letter that 'mandated' us to attend a group appointment was one specifically tailored for JSA claimants, none of the conditionality applied to ESA claimants which I took pleasure in pointing out to the assistant manager who then pulled the plug on the proceedings and sent everyone home.

That was two weeks ago, and to date we are all still waiting for Seetec's ESA advisor to return from sick leave, investigate and get back to us all.

From the initial introductory appointment at Seetec that was a mandatory referral from JCP none of us have signed anything, agreed to anything, or been asked to do anything.