me and my benefits

Feebee_71
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3906 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It is unfair and to be fair when we first found it out we didnt implement it, but unfortunatley accuracy got us...

The renumerative work rules now doesnt apply to carers, so when they start full time work, it doesnt close their claim, we have to wait to get the first pay slip which nils them

So in theory they should get four weeks benefit after starting work untill they are paid..

But what happens usually they claim the WTC this downloads and nils the claim so they usually missout..

I dont agree with it at all to be fair

but hey...

With regards to the conts row, I know when people on IB conts start work they get the job grant

and if on IB credits we pay it.....

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is unfair and to be fair when we first found it out we didnt implement it, but unfortunatley accuracy got us...

I'm glad this spirit has survived my departure. :-)

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

I have to say that this is interesting. Here we have various current DWP staffers and a former DWP staffer (me) trying to figure out the rules. If we can't do it, what chance do claimants have?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

• 1 month later...

If I'm offered a job but the start date isn't immediate (could be 6-8 weeks due to CRB checks and arranging induction for all new staff) what happens about benefits?

Obviously to continue on JSA I would be required to continue complying with my job seekers agreement and be actively seeking work, applying for jobs etc...

So what do I do? There's no way I can live without any income but, at the same time, I don't feel I can apply for jobs while knowing that I'm due to start somewhere else!!

Just confused as to what I can do - any one able to advise me?

Feebee_71

What you say is correct - for continued eligibility to JSA, you have to remain actively seeking and available for employment. You could apply for temporary jobs - they may allow you to amend your JSA agreement for this period as you have a pending job offer. As the job is reliant on further information (the CRB) you cannot be denied JSA in the interim period, so long as you are meeting the conditions. There is nothing wrong in applying for permanent posts either, or with accepting such a post - just be careful to look for notice periods. There is no minimum notice in the first month unless provided for in the contract. An employee with more than one month service but less than 2 years must give an employer at least a week's notice but this period can be specified as longer by contract.

I'm afraid that there is no other way around it, the only way to maintain an income in the interim period is to remain on JSA and continue to satifsy the conditions of it. You could risk signing off and applying for crisis loans but this would be very bad advice because they can refuse on the basis that you have placed yourself in crisis because of your continuing entitlement to JSA during the period, and if they do grant one, this will be at 30% of your benefit unless you are a homeowner in which case it would be 60% - it will be expected to last you for two weeks maximum and you can only get three in a 12 month period unless it is an alignment to benefit, which it wouldn't be as it would be an alignment to wages.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

Thanks for the advice guys. I'm at the job centre to sign on this week so I will ask them what the situation will be. I have no other access to funds so rely on my benefits. Looks as I'll have to keep applying for jobs and keeping to my agreement if I'm offered this job!!

Feebee_71

You will be advised that your JSAg still stands until you actually start work, you will be expected to continue to be actively seeking employment and be available to take up temporary work pending your start date.

If you still require the payment of JSA until starting work then you still have to meet the conditions of entitlement.

Thanks flumps,

I am due to undergo my 13 week review in a couple of weeks time so perhaps I will get it adjusted to include temporary work if I am offered this job.

Feebee_71

Thought I'd follow up on this........

I spoke to the advisor I saw this week and he said that, if I'm offered the job, they will adjust the job seekers agreement to seeking temporary work and will continue to pay me job seekers so long as I provide them with proof that I am actively seeking work as I am doing now.

I was also expecting to be given a letter inviting me to my 13 week appointment but wasn't and I wonder if that was because I saw my main advisor 2 weeks ago and we had a bit of a check on things and she adjusted my agreement and gave me a copy of the new one. So perhaps she thinks we've already done that.

Oh, and on the job front - I heard this afternoon I've been offered the job I had the interview for the other day and should be starting in the next 6-8 weeks once all the checks have been done and they have been able to organise the training required.

So I am a happy bunny,

Feebee_71

Great news. Thank you for updating, and all the best with the new job.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

• 1 month later...

When I had an interview with my advisor at the job centre yesterday I asked her about being able to claim the 'Back to Work' payment of £100.

She told me that I had to have been on benefits for 6 months or more to qualify for it and I've only been on JSA since the end of February. So I pointed out that I've actually been on benefits since April of last year - firstly on JSA then onto ESA until February this year when I got 0 points and my claim was closed and I had to reclaim JSA - but she said I have to have been on JSA, and only JSA, for a minimum of 6 months before I'd become eligible to this payment.

Is she correct as I thought that, as I've been continuously receiving benefits for 15 months, I would be eligible for the payment when I start work?

Feebee_71

You must also have been claiming one or a combination of the following benefits for at least 26 weeks immediately before moving into work:

Jobseeker's Allowance

Income Support

Employment and Support Allowance

Incapacity Benefit

Severe Disablement Allowance

Jobcentre Plus/New Deal Allowance payments where the allowance is based on Jobseeker's Allowance, Income Support, Employment Support Allowance, Incapacity Benefit or Severe Disablement Allowance

Employment Zone payments where the allowance is based on Jobseeker's Allowance

Source - http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits/BenefitsTaxCreditsAndOtherSupport/Employedorlookingforwork/DG_10018789

She is not correct, your time on ESA does count. But there's one thing to watch out for - any break in your claim, even a single day, in the last 26 weeks, would disqualify you from receiving the Job Grant.

Thanks to the two of you. I will print out that list and where I got it from and take it when I go to sign off once I've got a start date.

There has been no break in my claims - they have been consecutive (ESA finished 22/2/12 and JSA started 23/2/12) as was my change the other way last year!!

Feebee_71

• 1 month later...

As it says in the title....

I spoke to Newcastle BDC today as I've not had a payment for 3 1/2 weeks because of changing from contribution based JSA to income based (my 6 months entitlement is up) and they say their system shows my claim as being for income based benefit but for £0 amount!! They said someone would call me back within 3 hours to let me know what's going on and when I might expect a payment!!

We are now at the end of that 3 hour window and, funnily enough, no callback as yet.

I have a funny feeling that something isn't going to be right with my claim as the last 3 weeks have been quite stressful for me - I signed on on the 27th June and, the same day, a letter was generated telling me that my contribution based entitlement was coming to an end. That letter arrived after I went away on July 4th so I got it when I got home on the 9th. I rang to claim income based benefit on the 10th and had my appointment on the 12th. I was told that and money due from the 28th onwards would be decided by a decision maker in addition to any payment for the time from cont. based JSA ending on the 2nd up to the 10th would be decided later.

I have been told today a payment has been raised yesterday that covers up to the 1st July but they aren't showing any claim for income based benefit although the system is showing me as being on income based benefit but with the amount due as being £0!!

I just wish they would call me back so I know what's going on, I've got bills to pay next week!!!

Feebee_71

Finally got my callback and it was a lot less painful than I was expecting!!!

The chap asked what I did with the JSA3 form I'd filled in - explained that claim was handled over the phone and, when I went to the job centre for the sign on appointment, I signed the paperwork I was given which included the form with all the details I'd given the man over the phone.

He said that there was no form received as yet but, as it is a continued claim and my circumstances haven't changed since July 1st, he could arrange a payment into my account tomorrow to in with a payment that was released yesterday and should be in the bank on Friday.

Finally if has said, having signed on today, payment will be in my account on Monday as usual!!

All good news and also means my claim is continuous so I am still entitled to the housing benefit run on and back to work payment as and when I start working!!

Feebee_71

The Job Grant and HBRO is finshing in April.

If you claim is continuos, not a days break. then yes you should get it after 26 weeks entitlement of JSA

IB,

think read on here not Conts

Just looked on Direct Gov and it says nothing about conts. It just says that you must be receiving JSA, ESA, IS, IB or a mixture (not NI credits) for 26 weeks to qualify.