Freelance euro: alleged overpayments

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4749 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

About 5 years ago i used an umbrella company called freelance euro to run & manage my ltd co for me.

The set up was like this: I faxed them my timesheets, they invoiced client, client paid money to them, they paid money to me, minus a monthly fee of around £90.

In 2009 i got a letter from freelance saying they had overpaid me approx £6k between 2006 & 2007 and that they want me to repay it.

I disagree with their claim and replied to them with a spreadsheet of my own showing that they owed me money, they disagreed with my spreadsheet and said cough up basically.

That was about a year ago, today i received a letter from a company called nexum on behalf of freelance saying that freelance are considering raising proceedings against me.

Just wondering where i stand here from a legal point of view.

Can i tell them to get stuffed or is the law on their side?

Can i argue "profesional negligence" due to the fact i was paying them to provide a service which they have failed to do to a professional standard.

I have been contacting my main client at the time, Oceaneering. I requested details of all payments made to me during the period in question but so far they have been very unhelpful. If i had this info from them i would be able to cross reference this to my bank statements and i would have a strong case to show freelance and get them off my back.

Is there some law or regulation i can quote to them that will get them to co-operate with me, as i take it i am within my rights to have access to this information.

Thanks in advance

i have recently been in contact with an old work buddy who also used freelance euro. He had the same problem, however he kept all his stuff from them and disproved their claim. I asked him for a statement which he provided to me, i thought that if the worst happened i could use it in court.