Help with CCJ

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4774 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all I am new to this site and please accept my apologies if I have posted in the wrong section.

I have been with DFH now since June 2010 and they have been sorting my debts out (well keeping the debtors off my case) I have been receiving statements from them on a regular basis showing that they have been paying the debtors.

When I originally started the plan with DFH I was living in another address but I am now renting that place out and renting somewhere else. When I moved I sent the my authorisation form and change of address. Anyway when I went to the my house I'm renting out, there was still post going there from my debtors. To my surprise, I found that I had court papers from Northampton County Court. So I rang DFH asking why has this come to this after nearly a year and not missed a payment they said that:

1. I did not send them the authorisation form of change address
  2. The creditors can proceed to CCJ when ever they like.
  3. Something on the grounds that the debt had been sold to 2 different companies I.e Santander the original company then Westcott then Santander then Howard Cohen.

As soon as I had seen this I rang DFH and instructed me to ring Howard Cohen and give them my new address and if they ask me for any payments just refuse and put the phone down on them. So I did gave them my new address they said that they will hold off. So I rang DFH again and told them that they are only holding off on the court action for 4 days DFH said that they have a good reputation with Howard Cohen and will get it sorted. Anyway I get a phone call from DFH to tell me that it is too late and they are proceeding with the court action. And even if I payed the debt off in full I will still have a CCJ.

As far as I can see, this is of no fault of my own as I am paying DFH to "manage" my debts but I feel that they have not delivered the service that they promised to give me. They also said that they did not receive my authorisation of new address but I have it in my sent items of my email. I have all the statements from DFH going to my new address and all have said that I have been paying all the debts that I have.

Another thing is that they said that they will freeze all interest on my debts but opening one of my credit card statements I noticed that I was still paying interest and I think late payment charges.

I have to now fill in sections 1-5 of the admission form from the courts. I will have to fill this in (I think) But I see this is of no fault of mine at all as I am paying DFH to manage my debts and feel that they have failed.

What are the steps I can do to stop this or get any compensation from DFH.

Or any better solutions to help me sort out my debts.

There is no way can I afford to pay this debt off in full regarding the CCJ I cant even afford to pay for postage as I am maxed out on my bank account in which I have phoned my bank Halifax to see if they can up my Overdraft as I'm being charged £5 a day for being over it but they wont.

Please help.

regards

hang on

something not right

they cant 'hold off'

if you have gotten a claim fill them in

or poss set-aside as they were filed to the wrong address

pers i'd dump the DMP too!

do it yourself

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

hang on

something not right

they cant 'hold off'

if you have gotten a claim fill them in

or poss set-aside as they were filed to the wrong address

pers i'd dump the DMP too!

do it yourself

dx

1) Many thanks for moving in the right section. :wink:

2) Many thanks for the reply

DFH has sent me the claim form now to the correct address so I guess I have to fill it in.

There must be way to get this squashed as I see it as DFH fault not mine for not managing my accounts correctly??

I will drop DFH but first as I'm overdrawn in my Halifax account I thinking of getting that added to my plan also so when I get payed at end of this month I'll have money in my account as me overdraft is just going to swallow my wages.