MBNA and Arrow Global - claim form received - bal prob all unlawful charges ***Struck Out With Costs***

MrHat
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4000 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok, I have been sent a letter entitled:

WITHOUT PREJUDICE SAVE AS TO COSTS

Offering to pay me c450gbp and asking me to accept the offer by next Friday.

Assuming I accept, how do I handle this with the court who have today received my application and cheque. Can I simply pull out of the application???

Yes

Ok - done a bit of self help reading up. I plan to:

1. Accept thier offer in writing.

2. Write to the court advising them that this is settled and asking for my fee back (there is no reason not to return fee from what I can see)

3. Wait for cheque and bank it

4. make a donation to CAG :-)

^^^any flaws in that?

Sounds like a very sensible plan Mr H especially 4. :wink: Then you can put this matter behind you.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Will a reply to their email suffice or would it be better to send a letter recorded delivery to accept the offer?

CAG has helped me so much since I joined. Based on what I have learnt from others on here and my own experiences, I try to chip in and help others from time to time. I am not an expert and give my opinion only. Always check with the more experienced CAG members before making important decisions.

:-)

Personally I would telephone then email and write.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE: Received cheque for c£450 today, will bank asap. Assesment hearing request withdrawn including refund of £325 fee. Also requested £100 back for counterclaim fee which is pending.

This is now all over and huge gratitude to all that helped, especially Andy who has been very patient with me throughout.

At the start of this thread, I was clueless, a rabbit caught in the headlights. Now I feel enlightended, confident and no longer scared. It's been a life changing experience and this is no exaggeration.

Along with a few other battles running alongside this, I am now free of debt and will have a squeaky clean credit file in a few months. A massive weight off my shoulders.

Thanks again everyone. Will donate what I can afford very soon.

Edited by MrHat

CAG has helped me so much since I joined. Based on what I have learnt from others on here and my own experiences, I try to chip in and help others from time to time. I am not an expert and give my opinion only. Always check with the more experienced CAG members before making important decisions.

Brilliant mr h. It's amazing how good it feels to take back control.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Delighted this has now been resolved MR H and you can now finally put this matter behind you.It is amazing how this site can empower you and put you back in control.

It was a long journey but as you state one that was a life changing experience which has equipped you with the knowledge to deal with future problems.

Delighted for you now spend it wisely :wink:

Well done

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

Cheque banked and cleared, refund on it's way from the court and most importantly....

DONATION MADE TO CAG! :-D:-D:-D

Thanks again for all your help.

(maybe you can move this to the success forum now?!)

Delighted for you MR H.

Thread moved to Legal Success Forum.

Regards

Andy

• 1 month later...

Mr. Hat - I just read this last page of your thread - Congratulations & well done for being so brave. You have done soooo well - you should be very proud. How lovely to read of someone's success.

I love the CAG & all those wonderful CAGGERS that give of their time to help others. I think that's pretty special.

Now to go back through your thread to find the bits you mentioned are pertinent to my issue.

Thanks for all your advice, btw.

Kind regards

D

• 2 months later...

Asides from a donation, I also made a personal commitment to try and help others on here to pay cag back.

I dont have the knowledge of some on here but try and chip in when I feel equipped to do so. My effort is a tiny fraction compared to the likes of andy, ims etc but....

I am delighted to have gone up in rating to two green things!!! :)

Stoked!

The support people who have had similar experiences can be priceless in making people feel they aren't on their own Mr H.

Your time is much appreciated. :-)

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

The support people who have had similar experiences can be priceless in making people feel they aren't on their own Mr H.

Your time is much appreciated. :-)

Absolutely Caro well said