HFO advice needed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4475 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

It is imperative to get confirmation of the last payment date. If recoveries cannot help, try the number below and get everything in writing.

DO NOT speak to HFO on the phone unless you can record the calls, they will tie you in knots. Say 'in writing only' and hang up.

MATTHEW THOMPSON or Paul Hart

SENIOR CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP MANAGER

DIRECTORS OFFICE TEL: 0844 0903111

A SAR is a good idea, template below and it may be worth a CCA request to HFO to see if they can come up with any paper work and this will put the account in dispute.

CCA Request

CCA letter to send with a £1 postal order by recorded delivery, do not sign. They have 12 plus 2 working days to reply. If nothing valid is received you can send a letter to put the account in dispute and this should stop them contacting you.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?414-CCA-request-letter

Account in Dispute letter to send after 12 plus 2 working days

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?436-Failure-to-provide-a-copy-of-the-agreement-within-the-prescribed-timescale

SAR Request

Subject access request letter attached to send with £10 postal order - send recorded delivery and sign over the dotted area at the bottom. They have 40 days to reply.

Standard SAR.doc

• Confused 1

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

I have received the exact same letter from hfo on saturday, with regards to a debt with welcome finance from 2003. I am disputing this debt as i believe welcome finance fradulantly took this 2nd loan out. I thought my payments on my first loan were to be reduced, but unknown to me they re-wrote my loan giving me another loan for £700+, when my original loan was £500. I stopped paying welcome finance in 2005 when i realised i had paid them over £1000 in loan repayments and only started hearing from hfo in the last month or so. I have spoke with them on the phone and I've clearly told them, this debt was made without my knowledge and i also asked them when the last time I made a payment was, they told me July 2005. Does this mean this debt will be stature barred from July 2011?

They also sent the crap about baliffs, but baliffs do not exsist in scotland, its Sherriff officers up here, so not sure if they know what they are talking about or are just trying to scare me?

Any advice would be good, thanks!

Ok people I've sent off the SAR request to Barclaycard but have just revived a 72 hour notice of litigation from HFO threatening further charges, am I right in thinking my next move should be to send a letter disputing the debit to HFO? BTW I've signed up to the forum anti tamper signature service.

I had thought of sending a CCA request to HFO but would like to hear from Barclaycard first, any advice would be gratefully received.

Barclaycard could take 40 days. A CCA request will stop them in their tracks – they cannot take any enforcement action while in default, and it’s a total defence to any claim. But if you’re absolutely confident this is SB, send the SB letter.

Remember, they are desperate...

Right I'm just about to pop down the post office for the postal order.

Before I proceed too far I've used a CCA template letter modified a little stressing the purpose of the postal order, stressed i have copies of both letter and PO and used the excellent anti-tamper signature service. Further more when i post I'll be using recorded delivery to an address i've been given by the ACC manager.

which is:-

Acc Manager

HFO Services LTD,

Lavender PK Rd

West Byfleet.

CT14 6YX

Is this the correct Address, as the registered office is in Croydon?

Is there any more I can do to protect my OTH from HFOs dodgy practices?

Loving your self portrait Donkey! :whip:

Have you got a licence for those guns??:twitch:

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

That address is fine, but the post code should be KT14.

And to protect against HFO – try this:

CagTerminator-1.jpg

That’s not me. That’s my house-trained gimp. I don’t smoke or carry guns.

That’s not me. That’s my house-trained gimp.

Yes OK, We believe you....:spit:

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 1 month later...

Ok update and a little more advice please.

On the 27 May I posted SAR requests to both Barclaycard and HFO, Barclaycard have subsequently responded with two letters one from customer services who confirmed they hold no correspondence to us.

The other a list of default charges on the account the first a late payment fee for £24 dated 13/6/2005 with late payment fees on the same date each subsequent month with over limit fees also being applied the last entry was 28/4/2006 two credits for late payment fees and over limit fees.

Other than the above we have heard nothing from either Barclaycard or HFO I'm aware that Barclaycard still have more time to respond and hopefully they will provide account payment details and who the debit was sold to, but do HFO still have time to respond?

Where do we stand now

Thank you but don't they have a limited time to reply in? Also when I send a reminder should I give them a time limit?

40 days from receipt, I would estimate by the 9th July.

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

if you have received nothing or incomplete by then, give them a phone call, I phoned on day 39 as mine was incomplete, they sent the rest next day, special delivery.

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.