New speed gun??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4761 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A driver at work who isn't on Pepipoo asked me if I would enquire as to wether the device he witnessed being used by a police officer is a new device.The driver wa scoming back from Alfreton,Derbyshire with a bus,and was travelling along the A610 nottingham.He came up Nottingham road in Basford, Nottingham ans saw a police car parked up sideways.The officer had his arm out the window and was aiming what the bus driver believed to be a speed gun.However, there were 6 blue l.e.d lights on it that went into 1 blue l.e.d. can anyone say as to wether this is a new speedgun or if it is a new device that is being tested? Are there any pics.of any such device that I can print off and show the bus driver?

L.E.D??

you sure

no LED's can do speed

poss just a light source or IR source to make the numberplates flouress

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The LEDs may not have been the functioning part of the device. It could have been almost anything.

Why don't you ask your local police station. I'm sure there's no secrecy involved - they'll probably just tell you what they're up to.

I use that stretch of road daily and have seen police cars stopped there, but is your driver sure that the officer was holding the said device or was it attached to his vehicle? The ones I see have the ANPR cameras fitted, I have never seen them pointing anything.

If he drove along the A610, that is not Nottingham Road but Nuttall Road. If He was in Basford, that is Nottingham Road, but not the A610. If Nuttall Road there is a test going on at Bobbers Mill near the Tesco Express/KFC in which Nottinghamshire police are trying a new speed gun. I can say no more about it as I am not even supposed to know about this one.

They did have those, but that was just a phase they were going through.

The one the police has is very advanced. The blue leds are actually part of the enforcement technology. Basically (so I have been told) if the police officer thinks " 'ere, that geezers in a bit of a rush gov' then he presses the trigger. This activeates the PALS, (police artificial leg system) and the device actually gives chase itself. The little blue leds flash at this point and a real human voice (recorded by Jim Davidson allegedly) shouts 'nick nick.' as the machine hones in on the speeder.

If he drove along the A610, that is not Nottingham Road but Nuttall Road. If He was in Basford, that is Nottingham Road, but not the A610. If Nuttall Road there is a test going on at Bobbers Mill near the Tesco Express/KFC in which Nottinghamshire police are trying a new speed gun. I can say no more about it as I am not even supposed to know about this one.

The A610 runs through Basford, it runs from Maid Marion in Nottingham all the Way to Ripley. The name of the road changes, Nottingham Road, Nuthall Road, but its always the A610.

Will keep an eye out for the "PALS" :-)

The A610 does not run through Basford though. From Cinderhill, it is Nuttall Road, then Alfreton Road at Bobbers Mill and then Wollaton Street/Derby Road depending on whether you are going down the hill or back up the other way and finally Maid Marion Way. It goes through Radford, not Basford. It is Bobbers Mill from Collins cash and carry to the junction with Gregory Boulevard, then it becomes Radford from there to the traffic light junction at Derby Road where it is Canning Circus.

Nottingham Road in Basford runs from just past the McDonalds on Valley Road (including that little section between Natwest Bank and the mini RA) to Gregory Boulevard roandabout outside the Open University.

The OP did say Nottingham Road in Basford.:whoo:

Whats with the :whoo:

Im not trying to score points against you....

The fact is that the road may change its name from Nottingham road, Maid Marion way or whatever, but its still the A610, it does not stop then start again further up the road.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A610_road

I think I may have my wires crossed over the 'Nottingham Road' part....

Edited by Startkey&Clutch

None taken :-)

I know Nottingham Road as the stretch from Cinderhill through Basford and beyond, where the 'John Barleycorn' pub used to be, which is where Ive seen the police parked using ANPR, Ive seen them all around that area.

The OP did also say the person who saw the officer was driving his bus from Alfreton along the A610, so that would imply a bus route past Cinderhill which sounds like the Trent Bus, R1 I think, that bus does not go past the Natwest you spoke of as it would be deviating from the route that bus takes.

The bus the driver brought back was in for repair at Hartshornes in Alfreton.The driver came along the A610.I reckon that he must have thought it quicker to divert of the A610 by turning left at Nuttall road/Western boulevard*ring road), as he said that he went up Nottingham road in Basford, which eventually would go up over Sherwood rise to the back of the forest/Mansfield road.Apparently, the officer was sitting in his car with his arm out, holding this "device" with 6 blue l.e.d's that were an outer circle and went into 1 l.e.d. in an inner circle.He was somewhere opposite the star pub, with Haydn road on the left at the traffic lights, sherwood rise over the lights.

From my knowledge of Nottinghamshire police, I would say that most of them hold their device most of the time. Some say that they all have anchors.

From my experience Nottinghamshire police only have little devices to play with so have to hold on tight.

nope that just a std CCTV camera with HI-power blue leds for night illumination

you cant run ANPR from those as they come out the factory

the camera is not high enough res

wing-up me thinks other than they were p'haps making a video

mike

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...