Small Claims court advice - Conservatory company now want an additional £1000

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4782 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In January I placed an order for a conservatory and paid a deposit, based on the conservatory work we also ordered a kitchen, which will be a complete redesign as the conservatory company will be carrying out the following work:

- Removing back door

- Bricking up back door (to allow kitchen units to be installed)

- Removing window to create arch/walkway into the conservatory.

The kitchen design is based on this working being completed

We are now ready to have all the work done and a number of conservatory staff have been out to measure up, we have now been told that we need to pay an additional £1000 to them as a different roof is required. At no point was this ever mentioned in the first quote nor in the subsequent visits thereafter.

I would like some advice on a few things:

1. Do we have to pay the additional £1000 to the conservatory company if we have an agreed signed contract already in place and we have paid a £500 deposit?

2. If they cancel the conservatory order and I have to pay for the above building work to be carried out in order for the kitchen to be completed can I claim the cost of this work back against the conservatory company in the small claims court.

3. Is there anywhere that I can get advise on how to go ahead with a claim

4. If the kitchen order can not be completed on time or to order and I incur penalty charges from the kitchen company can this be claimed against the conservatory company?

5. Should I write to the conservatory company letting them know of my intentions if they cancel the order before proceeding with a claim?

Any advice on this would be helpful

Thank you

If nothing has changed to the amount of work required from when they gave you the quote I dont see why it should increase, however if they want to change the price with no change to the work content or specification on your part, then you could cancel the contract and get your deposit back.

No consequeuntial affects of this would be recoverable though, unless it was part of the original contract.