Went through a red light

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4791 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Was on the way home last night and was a bit distracted and when i came to a cross road the lights had turned red and i for some reason broke far to late and went through it about 3 or 4 metrers i stopped and at this point a speed camera from the other side of the road flashed me twice i then reversed back over the line but what happens now. do i have a case for appealing against any penalty points.

you said speed camera

was a vehicle travelling the other side of the road at the time of the flash

traffic light cameras are fixed by time and distance motion sensors

if you were not flashed from behind you are in the clear

it is not jumping the red light but it is classed as a moving violation the offence

Unless you were flashed from behind, you did not get flashed at all.

but you can get flashed head on for a speeding offence if its a travello camera

but you can get flashed head on for a speeding offence if its a travello camera

I was referring to the OP's red light scenario. I doubt if they were speeding at the time of the flash if they stopped within 3 or 4 metres unless they used an anchor of course. :)

Some traffic light cameras double as speed cameras - detecting speed when the lights are green.

However, they always flash from behind. the OP might have triggered the other camera, but it will not produce sufficient evidence of any offence for a prosecution.

I was on one side of a dual carriage way and to the right of me was another dual carriage way going the other way.The camera was on the other side of the road as in the other dual carriage way that i was not on but the camera was facing both dual carriage ways.

It didnt flash the back of me just the front twice if u know what i mean.

Thanks for all of the replies and all the help.Top site.

I dont think so but i couldnt be 100% sure coz after the two flashes i reversed backwards and wasnt looking completely at the other dual carriage way.

Edited by chief2603
Left caps lock on post.

What sort of time limit is it till you should get something in the mail.

If you are the registered keeper of the vehicle, and have lived in the same house for long enough to have the V5 correctly showing that address, then they must send the NIP to you within 14 days.