style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4769 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been a brighthouse customer for a little while now, never missed a payment and have had no problems with them (yet).

I have 3 questions about BH, I do not have and DLC or OSC as i refused these with all my agreements and have suitable home insurance.

1) I got a TV from them in August 10, a Samsung 46" LED TV which I pay £15.27 a week for, I have recently looked at my agreement and it says condition used, I was not made aware of this when I signed the agreement (probably my duty to check print etc) I spoke to my store and they asked if it came in a box which it did, they said in that case it was new and they had to sell it as a QR as someone probably ordered it and then decided they didnt want it anymore. the fact that its used rather then new does that effect anything, should they have pointed that out when I signed the agreement and if so can I do anything about the fact they sold me a Used rather then New TV?

2) At the time I Signed the agreement the price of a new tv (same model) was also £15.27 but they reduced the number of weeks I pay over from 156 to 146 as it was a QR (was never told I was paying less weeks or that it was a QR). A month after I got the tv the cash price and therefore the weekly price went down to about £13 a week and then more recently to around £11.04 a week, can i do anything about this? Im thinking not as its a credit agreement but just thought I would check?

3) they now have a new Samsung 46" 3D Tv for £14.62 a week which is less a week then what Im paying for a lesser model, Is there anyway under BH rules or any other rules I can return my TV and get this new one from them? (I understand that any payments I made obvioulsy wont be transfered over to the new agreement)

Thanks for reading and I look forward to your replies

I am unable to answer your questions, however, I will alert the site team BH expert on BH :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

i use to be with them and i swapped the tv, must be the same store thoe, i had a philips and wanted a amber light so i gave the other tv back and they transferred all the money i had paid to them to the amber light. speak to the manager of the store and see what they say i did and they did this, thoe i now have nothing to do with them. decided to save and buy when can :D

• 2 weeks later...

1.no nothing u can do. They will say u sould have noticed what you was signing at the time you signed the agreement

2.i dont really understand this question....sorry!

3.ifu have taken out their insurance you have the ritght to return the product at any time. They will always say, if u dont have the insurance u cant return their products, so stop paying anx they soon collect the goods, with or without insuance.the money u have paid off wont be taken off the new tv.

Im an ex empolyee of PH, and we run near enough the same as BH

I can answer all your questions as I used to be a Store manager for Brighthouse.

1. Any item of stock that is put on agreement and then terminated because the customer has changed there mind the system will make the Item appear as QR ( Used ) even though the item may not have even been out of the box or even plugged in, You are right though the sales advisor should have explained this to you at the time.

2. At the time of signing the agreement you should have sat down with the sales advisor and gone through the agreements which you where signing, the sales advisor should have used an agreement guide presenter to explain the different arrears of the agreement which you where signing and the terms, cash price etc.. If you can prove you did not sit down with the sales advisor and go through the agreement properly I.e. they just said sign here and here and initial all the boxes on the back page then speak to the manager and explain that the terms of the agreement and what you where signing for where not properly explained to you at the point of sign up. it's unfortunate that you signed last year which was the old format of agreement, more recently the agreements and process of signing have had to be changed in line with european laws which would have been easier for you to mount an argument, in any case this is going to be hard to prove, Brighthouse will stick to there guns and show you a copy of the agreement you signed and stand by that you where taken through the process correctly.

3. Regarding your payments your making now there is not much you can do, once the agreement is signed thats the price you pay same as any other retailer.

4. regarding exchanging the TV without OSC (optional service cover) they will not change it or except it back has you have no returnability without OSC unless there is a fault and its within the first 12 months and then it would either get fixed by Brighthouse or exchanged for the same model. A trick you could try is by doing this but it may cost you a little more, go into the store and ask if you can have OSC put onto the TV the payments will go up a little each week, leave 2-4 weeks and then go in and tell them you want to return it, the sales advisors will just check you have OSC and arrange a collection, bobs you uncle.

Earlier you said that the term of the TV was over 146 weeks instead of 156 weeks, I personally find this strange that they have knocked over £150 of a TV that is supposed to be boxed brand new, I would double check that it has not been used before, it could be that they have reduced the weeks as a goodwill gesture as it says QR instead of new on your agreement but I find that a little strange..

Good luck...