#Employment : Hubby been suspended

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4576 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My hubby has worked for the same company for the past 10 years, clean record, good attendance etcOne of his responsibilities is to get company vehicles repaired. Basically he sent a vehicle to the garage for a quote, the quote came back at £800, which was uneconomical, so he said no, to which the garage said they had already started £120 worth of work on it.The second incident, he told a department to take they vehicle for X garage for work to be done under maintenance, and they took it to Y garage instead, totting up another £38 worth of unauthorised workIn an attempt to maintain good relations with the garage, despite them knowing they shouldnt proceed without an order number, he told them the two bills co9uldnt be passed for payment, but to build the cost in to a third invoice. (should be £800)A third quote came in for work, titled estimate, which included the £120 and the £38.The owner of the garage has been to finance department, stating he is owed £38, £120, plus £800, and told them that hubby told him to include the cost in to the invvoice.he has been suspended, pending investigation he has admitted telling him to add the £38 to an invoice, but not the £120, and at no time was any of the work authorised,In hind sight he should have told the garage to get lost, but states it was in an attempt to maintain a good relationship, He has susbmitted an e mail as evidence showing that he has told the garage that in future NO work should be done without authorisation/ purchase order numbers He is part of a union, and is waiting for a meeting with themOpinions pleaseSorry it is long winded

Any advice I give, is given with the best intention of helping. I am not legally trained, so it is probably best to just ignore me;)

• 7 months later...

My husband has worked for the same company for the past 7 years. In October, he handed in his resignation, finished on 24th october, and started work for a new company on 27th October.

His final wage was paid on 1st November.

When he left he old company, he knew there had been ongoing discussions between the union and the employers about pay rises. On 4th November, it was agreed that all employees would get a 1% pay rise backdated from 1st jan 2011 to the end of October, and. 3% pay rise from 1st November onwards. This would be paid on 1st December

My husband emailed HR dept at the old company, and received a reply stating yes, he would get an additional payment of the 1% backdated pay rise, which would be paid in to his bank account on 1st December

No money has gone in his account. He has queried this, via email, with HR Dept, and received a response from the site manager that it is not company policy to pay backdated pay rises to ex employees, yet the earlier email from HR stated it would be paid

Where does he stand legally?

Thanks

Any advice I give, is given with the best intention of helping. I am not legally trained, so it is probably best to just ignore me;)