How long from NIP to receiving further info?

Hillie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4791 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My partner received a NIP which was returned the first week of March. How long could we expect to wait for further developments? Will we be informed if no prosecution will take place :???:

We informed our insurance company (policy in my name, he is named driver) and I've just received renewal insurance policy documentation whereby they have mentioned this as a "Fault" and duly increased the insurance premium, even though nothing yet has developed any further.

Any ideas will be gratefully received :-)

If they wish to proceed, then they have 6 months to 'lay the information' before a Magistrates' Court in order for a summons to be issued.

Under case law, they then have 3 years to prosecute.

What was the alleged offence and did he name himself as driver.

If is always worth a quick phone call to ensure that they have received the s.172 reply.

Thanks for your reply.. I can't remember the exact wording (no paperwork in front of me), but believe it's "careless" and "undue" something or another....sorry for being vague.... it was the second and third out of the three choices (was not dangerous though). Yes, he did name himself as the driver.