mortgag interest payment and care element of DLA

sj01
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4810 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, Can some one tell me if this is correct.

I am claiming ESA main phase.

My husband was getting DLA mobility and care.

I have an adult child living at home and working.

My husband has had his DLA renewal turned down for both mobility and care.

I have been told by the DWP mortgage department that now my husband is no longer awarded the care element of DLA we have to pay the mortgage ourselves because we have a working 'non dependent'.

So we are having to pay the whole mortgage. Can some one tell me if this is right.

If this is correct then this maybe the reason people are not being awarded the care element of DLA.

It will save the government a fortune

SMI support has nothing to do with DLA,i would say its more to do with your working non dependent

So why has it stopped now that my husband has lost his DLA. The DWP told me it was because of the DLA care element but I cannot find any information at all on their web site.

My child has always lived at home and earned the same wage.

Are you 100% sure?

My child has always lived with us and has not had a pay rise.

The DW told me it was to do with the DLA care element, now we dont get the care element then my childs wages get taken into account.

I cant find any info to make sure this is correct though.

Edited by sj01

I think it might be this:

Non-dependent deductions are the amount we have to reduce your benefit by if you have a non-dependent. A non-dependent is someone someone who lives with you but who is not your partner, such as an adult child living at home.

No deductions are made if the claimant or their partner are registered blind, or get Attendance Allowance or the care component of Disability Living Allowance.

Source - http://www.walthamforest.gov.uk/index/council/benefits/benefitchanges/benefit-changes-nondeps.htm

Thank you very much.

Its true then, DLA has got something to do with mortgage interest payments.

Thank you for takng the trouble to find the info, I couldnt find it.

We have asked for a reconsideration and are now appealing.

My husband is no better than when he was awarded the DLA 2 years ago but got turned down this time.

I'm sure that a lot of people are going to be turned down.

I am awarded mobility, highest rate but I am too scared to appeal and ask for the care element just incase they take the lot away.

How can some one be awarded highest mobility with out needing care.It looks like we are all going to be reassesed for DLA soon any way.

I have only just been awarded DLA indefinatley, just in time for a change in government policy.

I have had all of the treatment for my osteoarthritis I am going to get for now as I am to young for a knee or hip transplant.

Next time I go for any ATOS medicals all of my consultants letters will be old and of no use so it will just be my word that I am ill.

How can some one be awarded highest mobility with out needing care.

Surely, that's quite easy. Mobility (aside from the severe mental impairment criteria) has nothing to do with care. I know people who have been awarded one without the other.

=sj01;3371889]I have only just been awarded DLA indefinatley, just in time for a change in government policy.

If I am reading you right, the new benefit to replace DLA (PIP) will require EVERYONE to have an ATOS assessment and be reviewed often.

It makes not a shred of difference if you have a 'for life, indefinite or fixed term determination' for DLA, you WILL be reassesed under the new proposals.

If I am reading you right, the new benefit to replace DLA (PIP) will require EVERYONE to have an ATOS assessment and be reviewed often.

It makes not a shred of difference if you have a 'for life, indefinite or fixed term determination' for DLA, you WILL be reassesed under the new proposals.

Thats what I thought as well, everyone was to be reassessed by atos, indefinate or not.

Stressful for all :-(

I suspect a lot who need help will drop out not being able to deal with the atos stress and then be bounced as told not fit for jsa or stop benefit all together, so an underclass of ill people with no money or help, depressing.

Thats what I thought as well, everyone was to be reassessed by atos, indefinate or not.

Stressful for all :-(

I suspect a lot who need help will drop out not being able to deal with the atos stress and then be bounced as told not fit for jsa or stop benefit all together, so an underclass of ill people with no money or help, depressing.

Well lets be honest, if you are sick or disabled you aren't much good for the country are you? You aren't contributing are you? It is all one way - benefit payments. The same goes for those over 65, if they aren't working and only living off the state, they are a liability - a drain on this county's resources.

If I was in power in Westminster, I would first of all stop all monies being paid to those that aren't and unlikely to ever, contribute anything to the state. Then I would have a voluntary programme of either 'exporting' them to say the Middle East so that they could set up their own Sovereign State. Or if not enough volunteered, a compulsory programme of 'cleansing'.

Only then would we have a prosperous and healthy country.

Me, well I have a moustache and have links to the 3rd Reich!!

AND before anybody has a go at me, NO I do not believe that that should happen!!! But I do so wonder if it is in the minds of our MP's. Maybe they see themselves as the saviours of this country like that guy did in Berlin 70 years ago!!!

The amount of non dependant deduction depends on the income of the non dependent, so ensure that your child's payslips have been sent to the DWP, with a request for them to reconsider the decision.

Though there are so many parents out there willing to go short and live in poverty because they refuse to ask their working children for a contribution towards rent and board.